McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to think about going to Montreal again, and or the U.S. G.P in Austin. Anyone that went last year that might have any information on V.I.P. passes let me know.

Regarding Austin, recommended places to stay and best viewing areas please share your experiences.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Starting to think about going to Montreal again, and or the U.S. G.P in Austin. Anyone that went last year that might have any information on V.I.P. passes let me know.

Regarding Austin, recommended places to stay and best viewing areas please share your experiences.
I may be able to get you tickets for the MTL GP, these tickets are worth approx $5 to 7k per person which is for 2 or 3days. As well access to the McLaren paddock food and drinks and your sitting just above the McLaren Pit area. If your interested let me know and I will see if they are still available. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be able to get you tickets for the MTL GP, these tickets are worth approx $5 to 7k per person which is for 2 or 3days. As well access to the McLaren paddock food and drinks and your sitting just above the McLaren Pit area. If your interested let me know and I will see if they are still available. Cheers....����
Sure I would be interested in details. My major supplier is Chevron, get VIP invites to golf events. Wish I was Shell or Exxon/Mobil though, since they sponsor Motorsports. :( Always wondered how to get into those areas above the pits. Friend is a Shell Distributor, so he got an invite to the US GP at Indy in the Ferrari section.

Guess I could make inquiry's to my Dealer?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

I'm sorry Markjayw I provided some invalid information, I've provided the accurate information below. As mentioned if your interested PM me and I will find out if space is still available. Cheers.....??

The McLaren F1 race team is gearing up for another successful year at the 2013 Canadian Grand Prix weekend in Montreal!
– June 7-9th, 2013. McLaren Racing is offering a limited number of spaces to McLaren Automotive clients and guests, giving you exclusive access to the best spot to catch all of the race action.

Guests can choose from either a 2-day pass (Saturday and Sunday only) for approximately $5,410 CDN per person or a 3-day pass (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) for approximately $6,050 CDN per person. Please note that the 2013 prices have not yet been released, the prices mentioned above and below are the 2012 prices to help with an approximation. Both passes include all food and beverage throughout the weekend however the pass does not cover transportation or hotel costs.

·
Administrator
2,745 Posts
The McLaren F1 race team is gearing up for another successful year at the 2013 Canadian Grand Prix weekend in Montreal!
– June 7-9th, 2013. McLaren Racing is offering a limited number of spaces to McLaren Automotive clients and guests, giving you exclusive access to the best spot to catch all of the race action.

Guests can choose from either a 2-day pass (Saturday and Sunday only) for approximately $5,410 CDN per person or a 3-day pass (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) for approximately $6,050 CDN per person. Please note that the 2013 prices have not yet been released, the prices mentioned above and below are the 2012 prices to help with an approximation. Both passes include all food and beverage throughout the weekend however the pass does not cover transportation or hotel costs.
Ferrari has a similar VIP program for all GPs. Info is on the Ferrari website in the owners section.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ferrari has a similar VIP program for all GPs. Info is on the Ferrari website in the owners section.
Boxer,

Have you ever gone attended an F1 race in the overhead pit VIP areas?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
We did Austin with a deal arranged by Park Place, the Texas Mac dealership. It was about $2800 per head for three days. Included the McLaren suite at turn one, receptions, dinners, loads of food and champgne, tons of Mac memorabilia, access to the McLaren reception with Lewis, Jenson, ron et al ,plus dinner, shuttles and loads of other stuff. My wife (who hates motor racing) said it was one of the best weekends she'd ever had, we had a blast. For around $6-7 k per head we could have done a McLaren Racing thing that was essentially the same but also included paddock and pit lane access, not sure if that would have been worth the extra. We are definitely doing it again this year, we got to meet lots of 12c owners and dwaler from around the US and generally had a wonderful time
We struggled with hotels as all the Austin hotels decided to gouge their customers - a $200 room was going for at least five times that. We ended up at a Hampton Suites, 650 per night for what normally would have been a $140 room. I've heard that the City is taking steps to prevent a recurrence of the gouging this year.

We've also gone to singapore using cheapie tickets, and you definitely get what you pay for - if you really want a fabulous experience, shell out the money for the best you can afford!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been to Montreal 3 times, but have never done a VIP area for F1. Been to several VIP for Champ car years ago, nice because they were courtesy of my supplier.

Will be going to Monaco this year, first time to Europe, excited.

Will also,want to hit Austin too, as this year might be the last year of the high rpm engines, since they are moving to V6 Turbos in 2014. :(

Will keep my ears open for Austin special packages.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts