McLaren Life banner
721 - 740 of 794 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,251 Posts
Same here. While I might not be the most fashion-forward person in the world, I’m sure he knows way better than I do about what is fashionable and what makes a statement.
What do you mean by 'what is fashionable': 'currently popular with teenagers and adults with teenage brains, soon to be superseded by something else equally puerile'?
I have a lot of respect for Hamilton, but in recent years the 'statement' that he has been making with his paddock wardrobe has been essentially 'look at me today!'. His driving - fantastic. His social commentary - great. His clothing choices - er, let's get back to his driving.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
What do you mean by 'what is fashionable': 'currently popular with teenagers and adults with teenage brains, soon to be superseded by something else equally puerile'?
I have a lot of respect for Hamilton, but in recent years the 'statement' that he has been making with his paddock wardrobe has been essentially 'look at me today!'. His driving - fantastic. His social commentary - great. His clothing choices - er, let's get back to his driving.
Was the statement "I'm a toadstool"? ;)
Like I said, who knows what these designers come up with. It is a very lucrative business apparently. My wife was involved in that industry for a long time with her ex.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I don't think there's any great mystery here. It's about getting attention. It's no different from influencers, they do all sorts of crap to get clicks (I say crap, but nothing Nicole Scherzinger does is crap, I look at every single one of her insta pictures....lol), and in Lewis's case it's evidently not about money, he's drawing attention to what he's trying to publicize.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
I don't think there's any great mystery here. It's about getting attention. It's no different from influencers, they do all sorts of crap to get clicks (I say crap, but nothing Nicole Scherzinger does is crap, I look at every single one of her insta pictures....lol), and in Lewis's case it's evidently not about money, he's drawing attention to what he's trying to publicize.
Shannon and I watch Men In Black 3 just for her opening scene… Yummy.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #734 ·
RN365
Norris reveals qualifying expectations after impressive practice run

Despite an outwardly impressive run to P2 in second practice at the Hungaroring, Lando Norris is playing down his chances of challenging for pole on Saturday.
Author Michael Butterworth
Lando Norris has dismissed suggestions that he might be able to fight for pole position at the Hungarian Grand Prix, after an impressive performance in Friday's second practice session at the Hungaroring.

Norris' best time of 1:18.662 in the afternoon session was bested only by Charles Leclerc, prompting speculation that he may be competing at the front in Saturday's qualifying session.

Asked by Sky Sports F1 whether this would be realistic, Norris simply replied: "No!"

The Briton added that his pace was likely aided by McLaren choosing to run a more powerful engine mode than other teams during FP2.

"Things are feeling good, the car's in a good place," said Norris.

"It seems to be suiting this track or characteristic a little bit more, but we're always a little bit quicker in FP2 than what we end up being normally.

"We turn up a little bit more than others do just to get to our first reading of qualifying, which is what we've done today, but we know everyone else – especially Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes – normally step it up a lot for tomorrow."
Norris confident for weekend ahead
Despite dismissing the possibility of fighting for pole position, Norris is feeling confident for the rest of the weekend.

"I think we're feeling good. I think I can be happy in saying that," added Norris.

"The car's in a reasonable position, probably a little bit ahead of where we were in Paul Ricard, but I'm not expecting to be fighting for pole or anything.

"We're just in a better position than we were."

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #735 ·
Whoa did not expect this … Lando George sandwich
Q3
  1. George Russell Mercedes -1:17.377
  2. Carlos Sainz Scuderia Ferrari +0.044
  3. Charles Leclerc Scuderia Ferrari +0.190
  4. Lando Norris McLaren +0.392
  5. Esteban Ocon Alpine +0.641