2401 - 2408 of 2408 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,446 Posts

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,404
Lets hope the sheikh speaks the truth. I suspect he is.
Yes the Sheikh’s commitment to the continued funding of McLaren F1 is the most hopeful part of what he has said.
:)
2018 was a lost year for McLaren F1, my guess is whatever McLaren ‘learned’ was already known by the other teams - and perhaps to some inside McLaren. Hopefully catch-up progress can be made during 2019 season even with the loss of Alonso.

·
Registered
662 Posts
As an aside, I just finished reading a book my son gave me, Adrian Newey's How to Build a Car. An excellent read, and I can easily recommend it to anyone on this thread who hasn't yet read it. Chronicles his development and career in F1, and what he's looking into going forward.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
As an aside, I just finished reading a book my son gave me, Adrian Newey's How to Build a Car. An excellent read, and I can easily recommend it to anyone on this thread who hasn't yet read it. Chronicles his development and career in F1, and what he's looking into going forward.
I bought it awhile ago and only read it recently as I thought it might be a bit technical. A great book. John Barnard biography was more technical but also well worth a read.

Not sure if there is a biography of Steve Nichols or if Gordon Murray has put a stop to it. A great talk at Brooklands by him but Gordon really didn’t seem happy.

·
Registered
662 Posts
With respect to the book, I should add that the insights into F1 politics, drivers, and team principals/behavior is enough to recommend it.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
With respect to the book, I should add that the insights into F1 politics, drivers, and team principals/behavior is enough to recommend it.
I agree, ‘The Perfect Car’ about John Barnard is also well worth reading.

2401 - 2408 of 2408 Posts