McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used ECU - was used as my spare ECU with a stock file loaded
570S - would likely work with most/all of McLaren 3.8L series vehicles - please confirm before purchasing

$1600 shipped, or best offer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year 570S was the calibration for?
It currently has the stock file from a 2019 570S Spider on it. DME did tell me that this ECU will work with any 3.8L engine with the ECU carrying the same part number, so long as the appropriate file is loaded.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
The immobilizer codes are going to be specific to your keys though so anyone purchasing this will need to code their keys in via MDS. However, I believe you need at least one working key to program new keys, and if you “lost” all keys the process becomes much harder, and pricier through McLaren (since I’m assuming you’re not sending keys, the keys are essentially “lost”).

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
The immobilizer codes are going to be specific to your keys though so anyone purchasing this will need to code their keys in via MDS. However, I believe you need at least one working key to program new keys, and if you “lost” all keys the process becomes much harder, and pricier through McLaren (since I’m assuming you’re not sending keys, the keys are essentially “lost”).
i was told If tuner got your original ecu they could clone to 2nd box and then tune the extra one. this was another vendor but can be done I guess

·
Registered
66 Posts
i was told If tuner got your original ecu they could clone to 2nd box and then tune the extra one. this was another vendor but can be done I guess
This correct. Anyone looking to tune their Mclaren should get a second ecu and leave the original one intact for servicing or warranty claims.

·
World’s fastest and quickest McLarens
184 Posts
We have been able to make clones for McLaren for quite sometime. It is certainly doable.

The ECU can be cloned and used with any similar car. ECU's with the 1797 Processor will work on any 3.8L car, while the 1793 processor will work on the 720S or SENNA provided we have the original read of the ECU out of the car that the cloned ECU is going into.

If you have any questions about this please shoot us an email! [email protected]

·
Registered
2017 Mclaren 570S
40 Posts
We have been able to make clones for McLaren for quite sometime. It is certainly doable.

The ECU can be cloned and used with any similar car. ECU's with the 1797 Processor will work on any 3.8L car, while the 1793 processor will work on the 720S or SENNA provided we have the original read of the ECU out of the car that the cloned ECU is going into.

If you have any questions about this please shoot us an email! [email protected]
Can you guys source ecus as well?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts