1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Scary. Wonder if the Expresso machine shorted out?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Rental car? What was he doing opening the bonnet,its not the easiest thing to do normally,but impossible in a panic !! such a shame,lets hope they get to the bottom of it.
I wonder if he took out the full insurance,or just the standard one:eek:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Rental car? What was he doing opening the bonnet,its not the easiest thing to do normally,but impossible in a panic !! such a shame,lets hope they get to the bottom of it.
I wonder if he took out the full insurance,or just the standard one:eek:
I was just going to post this up. You can tell the quality of the paper when the headline next to it alludes to the fact that Josie is worried about putting on weight following her boob job!

Andy, it was it Tottenham, there was something that he, erm, needed to get from the boot before, erm, the Feds arrived......

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I was just going to post this up. You can tell the quality of the paper when the headline next to it alludes to the fact that Josie is worried about putting on weight following her boob job!

Andy, it was it Tottenham, there was something that he, erm, needed to get from the boot before, erm, the Feds arrived......
AH!!! Just an everyday fire in Tottenham then ;)

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
I dont find this amusing at all , i dont like my cars to burn .
A massive question mark for me .

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Who does Doom,i would class it more as a small question mark until the true answer is known,it really could happen to any make or model,i stopped a few weeks ago to help a guy in a brand new golf in the same situation,i wouldn't now assume it was a VW trait.
Also had it happen to me in a 964,but we got it out quick enough,loose clip on an oil feed!!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Good comment.

I guess that after nearly two years of production and in excess of 1500 units on the road this may be an isolated case caused by something other than a design flaw a la 458.

If it is caused by component fatigue then we had all better be on alert.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Disappointing to say the least. And regarding the Fire extinguisher: I would never order one and pray that the car is completely burnt before the Fire Dept. shows up. Once the car is on fire(and everybody is safe) then I don't want it "saved" anymore.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
But tastes good and a heck of a lot safer.

I have spent a lot of time on Ferrari forums - they are the mentors in this situation :)
I'd really be concerned about all of the materials being burnt and the carcinogens being released and settling on these marshmallows of yours.

Yes indeed it's always easier to make a situation like this a bit of a picnic or should I say a campfire of sorts.

Well I hope they can figure out what the true cause of this fire was, it would be great if it was BBQ accelerant. LOL...??. Cheers....???

·
Registered
964 Posts
Would the bonnet be up in order to gain access to the Battery?
They do normally try to cut/disconnect the battery..

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Once the car is on fire(and everybody is safe) then I don't want it "saved" anymore.
Yeah - I would never try to put out the fire in a modern car. If it is insured then let it burn to the ground like this one did. You certainly don't want the insurance company to determine it is worth piecing back together. What a mess.

Also, I don't know if you've ever been around a car fire but they burn a bit too hot for marshmallows. You'd need a really long stick.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Would the bonnet be up in order to gain access to the Battery?
They do normally try to cut/disconnect the battery..
I think that's fair comment but going by the sequence of the photographs it seems that Trumpton hadn't arrived when the bonnet was first raised. Guess the driver was trying to retrieve something.

Looking at what's actually left, you'd think an investigation would be difficult. Would have to rely on what had happened immediately prior to the fire maybe. Hot running, just filled up with petrol, recently serviced, for example. It certainly wasn't hot (weather) in north London over the weekend.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts