McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should we take bets on where the first McLaren MP4-12C will be wrecked?

I am putting my money on Florida. Crazy stuff happens in Florida. "Dieter" (of wrecked Enzo fame in Los Angeles) is likely to be taking a vacation there... ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
HAHA! Too be not even McLaren can figure how to use F1 regenerative braking to "regenerate" brain cells in some of these fools!

My money is on California. That state has a proven track record of aquiring and destroying great cars, Enzo, Carrera GT, 550 Spyder..etc etc.

S

·
0 Posts
It will definitely be in the UK. Some idiot taking a roundabout to fast.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it will be in Arizona. Specifically the CopperState drive. Didn't someone total an Enzo a couple years back? I recall it was the guy who wanted to put the most miles on his Enzo and was driving it all the time.

I think those events (such as Players Run/Bull Run/etc) get people hopped up on getting attention and then they start driving crazy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another way of betting on this is how long after the car is for sale before one is totaled. Not that I am looking forward to it, but I like betting... I'm guessing it'll be pretty quickly - like within the first month.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And oh, I am changing my bet for the first wreck from FL to the Middle East. I think the first wreck will be in Dubai. It's hot, with sand blowing on the road. Someone will be wearing sandals and BAM, they'll end up in a sand dune. My side gig is a fortune teller, so I can be pretty specific about details. Or maybe I just have a vivid imagination and a sense of humor!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am picturing someone in the middle east. A wealthy sheik with a turban on his head. He's ripping along a straight road. A hapless camel walks out. He slams on the brakes. The rear air brake pops up. His turban dislodges and obstructs his vision. He hits the camel, goes in the other lane and is then hit by a rather ornery mule pulling a heavy cart full of something used to keep camels from crossing the roads.

I am pretty sure this will happen. 98.9% confident.

·
Registered
306 Posts

The two Danes have set "our car" in their test ride in the safety barrier in Hamburg
safety it was an unpleasant call at mc laren dealer! S...t!!!!!!!!!!!

3 pictures from german press

1 - 20 of 24 Posts