McLaren Life banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I want to hear how the Artura will sound in real life - it actually sounds quite good in the few audio clips they've released. Would still never get one over a 675lt, personally. I wouldn't care that people thought it was 'too much car' if I hadn't come from a previous exotic because I know that I'm quite disciplined and wouldn't do anything stupid and could learn the car in a responsible way. 10 years ago, I certainly would've still taken the 675lt but equally would have been much more likely to end up in a tree.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
No way will an artura be faster than a 675
would not be sure about it ... I guess it will nearly match the 720s and on bad roads maybe even have a bit of advantage with the torque assistance of the e motor ...

Reactions: taw6189

·
Registered
17 Posts
With a curb weight of 3,303 pounds, isn’t the Artura much heavier than the 675LT?

I thought the 675LT was 2,712 pounds but that can’t be right, can it? Maybe it’s wet vs dry weight?!

I used to bring to the track a 675LT and a 991 2RS and rotate them on w/end DEs. The 675LT felt miles lighter and more engaging. And I think the 2RS is about 100 pounds lighter than the Artura.

would not be sure about it ... I guess it will nearly match the 720s and on bad roads maybe even have a bit of advantage with the torque assistance of the e motor ...
I want to hear how the Artura will sound in real life - it actually sounds quite good in the few audio clips they've released. Would still never get one over a 675lt, personally. I wouldn't care that people thought it was 'too much car' if I hadn't come from a previous exotic because I know that I'm quite disciplined and wouldn't do anything stupid and could learn the car in a responsible way. 10 years ago, I certainly would've still taken the 675lt but equally would have been much more likely to end up in a tree.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
With a curb weight of 3,303 pounds, isn’t the Artura much heavier than the 675LT?

I thought the 675LT was 2,712 pounds but that can’t be right, can it? Maybe it’s wet vs dry weight?!

I used to bring to the track a 675LT and a 991 2RS and rotate them on w/end DEs. The 675LT felt miles lighter and more engaging. And I think the 2RS is about 100 pounds lighter than the Artura.
2711lbs is dry weight Kerb should accordingly be 2950-3000 for lightest possible spec

·
Registered
953 Posts
I do think it’s amazing that we are
All talking about the 675lt as relevant to compare to a new mclaren and to choose.
It just shows how
Amazing the 675 is. Not taking anything away from the 720, gt,650,12c or 570.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Artura is a bit misleading with its power claim - the 670hp number thrown around is peak power, but that's not always available unlike in an ICE. I think it's 15 seconds or so and then the motor drops around 30hp. It's better to think of the car as having 640hp and then 30 more on overboost. But anyway, I doubt it'll beat a 675lt from a rolling race because we all know what happens to hybrids in terms of high speed acceleration. There's a great video on youtube with the 765lt vs the SF90. While the SP90 murders it from a dig and the first part of the rolling race, after 130 mph, the 765lt comes flying by.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The Artura is a bit misleading with its power claim - the 670hp number thrown around is peak power, but that's not always available unlike in an ICE. I think it's 15 seconds or so and then the motor drops around 30hp. It's better to think of the car as having 640hp and then 30 more on overboost. But anyway, I doubt it'll beat a 675lt from a rolling race because we all know what happens to hybrids in terms of high speed acceleration. There's a great video on youtube with the 765lt vs the SF90. While the SP90 murders it from a dig and the first part of the rolling race, after 130 mph, the 765lt comes flying by.
All good points sir but you forget that the sf90 weighs about a thousand lbs more than the 765!

·
Registered
108 Posts
All good points sir but you forget that the sf90 weighs about a thousand lbs more than the 765!
Haha, fair enough but while weight does play a role in how fast one gets up to the top speed, top speed itself is a function of drag and horsepower (and gearing) rather than weight. That's why the Ariel Atom 4 has the same power/weight as a Veyron but a very different top speed! I would have to think if the 765lt came flying past at 130mph, it would probably stay ahead until one of the cars runs into an aerodynamic brick wall. However, I have neither car so this is all speculation but I would very much volunteer to drive one in the name of science.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking for the first supercar/car. I personally had no prior experience owning a supercar, or even a car. But I have family members who own a 720s and pista so I know how things work, and I have relations with dealers. I'm looking at either purchasing an extremely low mileage 675lt, a dream car of mine since it launched. I know that low milage Mclarens suffer a lot from quality issues due to not being driven, probably pay a fortune to extend the warranty and replace parts. But I do want my first car to be "new" so I won't consider any car with over 1000 miles on the odometer. In the future, I could send the car back to Mclaren and strip it down, re-build a special version exactly to my specification (a ton of money).

Or I could simply go with the newest Artura. It does mean throwing collectability out into the water. But it's Mclaren's newest car, brand new chassis from the p11. It has a warranty and better quality so maintaining the car will be cheaper. It'll also be a better daily driver. I could also order the car ground up, go with MSO cerulean blue, a color option I really wanted, and no 675lts are for sale in that color. In the future, I can sell the Artura and go ahead with another more collectible car.

What do you guys think? Should I do what most people would do and go with the Artura, or buy a childhood dream car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking for the first supercar/car. I personally had no prior experience owning a supercar, or even a car. But I have family members who own a 720s and pista so I know how things work, and I have relations with dealers. I'm looking at either purchasing an extremely low mileage 675lt, a dream car of mine since it launched. I know that low milage Mclarens suffer a lot from quality issues due to not being driven, probably pay a fortune to extend the warranty and replace parts. But I do want my first car to be "new" so I won't consider any car with over 1000 miles on the odometer. In the future, I could send the car back to Mclaren and strip it down, re-build a special version exactly to my specification (a ton of money).

Or I could simply go with the newest Artura. It does mean throwing collectability out into the water. But it's Mclaren's newest car, brand new chassis from the p11. It has a warranty and better quality so maintaining the car will be cheaper. It'll also be a better daily driver. I could also order the car ground up, go with MSO cerulean blue, a color option I really wanted, and no 675lts are for sale in that color. In the future, I can sell the Artura and go ahead with another more collectible car.

What do you guys think? Should I do what most people would do and go with the Artura, or buy a childhood dream car?

I enjoy reading these post but admittedly just don't spend time to weigh in. I AM weighing in now because i have a highly spec'd 675LT Spider. It is the best car i have ever owned. These words are based on the current stable - Ferrari F12 Novitec, Lamborghini Aventador SV, Lamborghini Performante Spyder (her car...) 2019 Corvette ZR1, 7 speed manual w/ 3LC and ZTK (a BEAST of a car), C7 Z06 and a really cool 1965 Ford F100 4x4 (not fast, brakes sometimes work). Retired Stable Ferrari 488 GTB, McLaren 650 S - that turned into the 675!!!!

The 675LT is like nothing you can imagine. Mine has the fender louvers, Carbon everywhere including rear wing and MSP bespoke interior features. That is the "pretty". Driving it???? it has INFINITE smiles per gallon. it is hard to imagine a car that would make the F12 feel "sloppy" by comparison. It is ON RAILS. My Wife's Performante is the closest driving experience. GRAB the 675LT while it is available. Then drive everything else and if you just don't like the LT, give me a ring. i have been thinking about adding another to go with the 765LT Spider (that will be rolling out any day).

675LT or WALK

·
Registered
953 Posts
I enjoy reading these post but admittedly just don't spend time to weigh in. I AM weighing in now because i have a highly spec'd 675LT Spider. It is the best car i have ever owned. These words are based on the current stable - Ferrari F12 Novitec, Lamborghini Aventador SV, Lamborghini Performante Spyder (her car...) 2019 Corvette ZR1, 7 speed manual w/ 3LC and ZTK (a BEAST of a car), C7 Z06 and a really cool 1965 Ford F100 4x4 (not fast, brakes sometimes work). Retired Stable Ferrari 488 GTB, McLaren 650 S - that turned into the 675!!!!

The 675LT is like nothing you can imagine. Mine has the fender louvers, Carbon everywhere including rear wing and MSP bespoke interior features. That is the "pretty". Driving it???? it has INFINITE smiles per gallon. it is hard to imagine a car that would make the F12 feel "sloppy" by comparison. It is ON RAILS. My Wife's Performante is the closest driving experience. GRAB the 675LT while it is available. Then drive everything else and if you just don't like the LT, give me a ring. i have been thinking about adding another to go with the 765LT Spider (that will be rolling out any day).

675LT or WALK
Like he said

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
When the tests finally come out, I'd be shocked if the Artura is slower than 675 in any way. Remember, it will also be on massively better/newer tires. 675LT used pretty old generation Trofeos. That's not to say you can't put new Trofeos on one, but the magazine tests will not be updated to reflect it.

I have little doubt Artura will be quicker than 675LT in all respects.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think you need to decide what is more important. The 675 will far more rare and depreciate anywhere near what a new Artura will assuming you get a new one right away at full MSRP over an equal amount of ownership. The 675 however will be older and without warranty whereas the Artura will be new with warranty but also a new car in general for McLaren and just that alone may come with its own issues in the beginning. Do you want a weekend care that is rare even for a McLaren or more of a daily driver capable car with more modern tech in it? Thats probably what this will come down to and of course the 675 you choose will need some research in terms of how its been cared for up to this point.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts