McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the first supercar/car. I personally had no prior experience owning a supercar, or even a car. But I have family members who own a 720s and pista so I know how things work, and I have relations with dealers. I'm looking at either purchasing an extremely low mileage 675lt, a dream car of mine since it launched. I know that low milage Mclarens suffer a lot from quality issues due to not being driven, probably pay a fortune to extend the warranty and replace parts. But I do want my first car to be "new" so I won't consider any car with over 1000 miles on the odometer. In the future, I could send the car back to Mclaren and strip it down, re-build a special version exactly to my specification (a ton of money).

Or I could simply go with the newest Artura. It does mean throwing collectability out into the water. But it's Mclaren's newest car, brand new chassis from the p11. It has a warranty and better quality so maintaining the car will be cheaper. It'll also be a better daily driver. I could also order the car ground up, go with MSO cerulean blue, a color option I really wanted, and no 675lts are for sale in that color. In the future, I can sell the Artura and go ahead with another more collectible car.

What do you guys think? Should I do what most people would do and go with the Artura, or buy a childhood dream car?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm looking for the first supercar/car. I personally had no prior experience owning a supercar, or even a car.
What driving experience do you have? You should have a lot before driving cars at this level, or bad things can happen. Be safe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know how the Artura drives but if you're a 'purist', there's no better car Mclaren makes / made than the 675lt. Not sure I'd wade into a 1k mile car that's now 6 years old without getting the extended warranty. This costs $5k/year which combined with another few k a year for maintenance is still less money than the Artura will lose. The Artura does look very funky and modern, I'll give it that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
For you, I’d go Artura as it’s the newest technology and look, newest interior, and comes with warranty. If you’re gonna be doing donuts and goofing around with it, definitely get the less collectible car.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
if money and local mclaren support is easy. You can get a 675 now and play with it. If you get bored swapping to altura will be easy

prob less and less 675 on the market the longer you wait. Only ones left will have some story or undisclosed issues

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have driven a gran turismo, S63 coupe, 991.1 TS, done donuts in a 600lt.
Well don't tell your insurance about that.

Seriously though get insurance quotes, and or make sure you are on a family policy as being previously uninsured and your age might mean no company will cover you. This isn't even for your or others safety as thats thebeqsy part of your policy, it's to protect the car value from evaporating.

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Chicane Effect
117 Posts
wait, you dont even have a car and you're going straight to a Mac?

right...
Without knowing more, I wouldn't completely dismiss this. Won't be the first kid that I've known to get an exotic for their first car...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if money and local mclaren support is easy. You can get a 675 now and play with it. If you get bored swapping to altura will be easy

prob less and less 675 on the market the longer you wait. Only ones left will have some story or undisclosed issues
Yeah makes sense, I've been following 675 markets since 2017. The price has pretty much bottomed out, besides the market will never grow to the extent with 20+ cars up for sale. Right now most cars left for sale are either low spec cars or high mileage. I'll probably pull a trigger on a good one and not wait.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah makes sense, I've been following 675 markets since 2017. The price has pretty much bottomed out, besides the market will never grow to the extent with 20+ cars up for sale. Right now most cars left for sale are either low spec cars or high mileage. I'll probably pull a trigger on a good one and not wait.
mileage is less important as long as its well taken care of.. good luck

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Well the Artura has a 5 year warranty and 6 year battery warranty apparently. That's got to be worth considering.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh, you should definitely buy a 675LT, “strip It down and rebuild it” so that it’s new (whatever that means) and have it painted cerulean blue. For no other reason than our amusement

·
Registered
368 Posts
Start with the artura. Get volcano blue. Get good insurance. Godspeed..
I'm looking for the first supercar/car. I personally had no prior experience owning a supercar, or even a car. But I have family members who own a 720s and pista so I know how things work, and I have relations with dealers. I'm looking at either purchasing an extremely low mileage 675lt, a dream car of mine since it launched. I know that low milage Mclarens suffer a lot from quality issues due to not being driven, probably pay a fortune to extend the warranty and replace parts. But I do want my first car to be "new" so I won't consider any car with over 1000 miles on the odometer. In the future, I could send the car back to Mclaren and strip it down, re-build a special version exactly to my specification (a ton of money).

Or I could simply go with the newest Artura. It does mean throwing collectability out into the water. But it's Mclaren's newest car, brand new chassis from the p11. It has a warranty and better quality so maintaining the car will be cheaper. It'll also be a better daily driver. I could also order the car ground up, go with MSO cerulean blue, a color option I really wanted, and no 675lts are for sale in that color. In the future, I can sell the Artura and go ahead with another more collectible car.

What do you guys think? Should I do what most people would do and go with the Artura, or buy a childhood dream car?
Some of us are bias, and the 675LT is a damn good car .....not many specs left less than 12 around the country with a couple good specs. My 675LT purchased with 2k miles has been fantastic, and I smile every time I drive it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, you should definitely buy a 675LT, “strip It down and rebuild it” so that it’s new (whatever that means) and have it painted cerulean blue. For no other reason than our amusement
Some of us are bias, and the 675LT is a damn good car .....not many specs left less than 12 around the country with a couple good specs. My 675LT purchased with 2k miles has been fantastic, and I smile every time I drive it. View attachment 209543
Really nice spec, there's one up for sale with a really similar spec to yours. I'm leaning towards the lt, such a special car, best looking Mclaren besides the P1 GTR. I've never driven one myself but everyone who drove it said it was the best driver's car from mcl. I'll pull the trigger when I find the right one.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts