·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some interesting details

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks like 720s lights, GT side vents and 570s diffuser and front bumper with a 650s front bumper cutout lines.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like 720s lights, GT side vents and 570s diffuser and front bumper with a 650s front bumper cutout lines.
the lights look simpler than the 720s eye sockets ... more like the Senna without active aero underneath

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm glad McLaren is maintaining the general design of the 570. That is aside from the changes made in the rear, which of course deviate quite a bit, and in my opinion look toned down from the 570.

The only aspect of this new model that is appealing to me thus far is the full EV mode which would allow sneaking in/out of the house at odd hours without putting your neighbors up in arms.

Noticeably missing: Aero. Rear wing, fender louvers, side skirts, etc. Will McLaren continue to release their "entry-level" cars with little aero, despite so many 570 owners taking the initiative to add it themselves?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the shape is nice, but it looks more plain and "entry level" than the 570S, with it also having a V6 makes it feel and look even less of a supercar bargain (even if its slightly faster due to electric stuff)... Also missing the cool dual layer doors on the current sports series. Also noticed that there are no(!) side skirts at all.

·
Spec 570 Spider soon
Waiting to spec Artura Spider!
418 Posts
Noticeably missing: Aero. Rear wing, fender louvers, side skirts, etc. Will McLaren continue to release their "entry-level" cars with little aero, despite so many 570 owners taking the initiative to add it themselves?
The 'patent application' line drawings that are circulating out there do show fender louvers on this still un-named model, so I am hopeful that we'll see that in photos before too long. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that MSO will offer a High Downforce Kit (HDK) with a rear wing in carbon fiber not too long after rollout as they did for the 570...

Reactions: LifeIsGR8
1 - 14 of 14 Posts