McLaren Life banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Owner
339 Posts
The OP bought a car with the CF wing. It's on the sticker. He either wanted thee wing, or some other compromise and they basically told him to get stuffed. That's bad customer service. Period, end of story.

A buddy of mine bought a 720 from these guys and they arranged shipping. He wired the money and after they got paid, the car basically sat there...... for weeks. They kept promising it would be shipped and nothing. He basically had to arrange his own shipping and pay again since they already charged him for shipping.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I actually have this exact issue of the sticker denoting the lift and car has no lift. I took it up with both the local dealer and Mclaren. The local dealer confirmed I should have it and to contact Mclaren. Mclaren told me it was an error and it happens from time to time and too bad so sad. No Joke. I'm debating a breach of warranty/fraud claim.

If the window sticker listed the carbon wing I would think you could call corporate and have the wing shipped and installed at a McLaren Dealer close to you. Ultimately if it was on the sticker and the invoice than the dealer paid for that option when they received the car. Strange situation.

Did you know that the carbon wing was not on the car? If so, did you address the missing piece prior to signing the paperwork? It sounds like you knew the wing wasn’t on the car and requested an updated window sticker.

·
Owner
268 Posts
It sounds like bad customer service, but you did have the chance to give them the car back and assuming you would get 100% of what you paid, so my only question is, if you felt they were not flexible/cooperative, why just not give them the car back and buy it from another dealer that would be more to your liking?

That is what I would have done, unless the deal was so good that I would make myself deal with bad customer service, which, is usually an indication of worse things to come later.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts