McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, you won't believe this. I collected my P1 yesterday afternoon from Mclaren after a software upgrade.........yes a typical Mclaren action of a software upgrade but very worthwhile.

Today after the Autumn sun came out I set off for a 200 mile or so run,,,,,,,,wow, thrilling beyond belief, just sensational dynamics of a unique and thrilling kind.

I first went on a bumpy, twisty but good forward vision 'B' road with light traffic. The response in third and fourth gear was electrifying.....just a prod of the pedal catapulted the car forwards.....just truly sensational. Instant terrifyingly fast turn in with no body roll like no other road car on Planet Earth.

Brakes, just hit them late and hard and wallop, you shred speed faster than is imaginable by Harry Metcalfe and CityLad.......this car will shred speed......time after time, reliable skin shredding stopping power!

Noise, sports exhaust banter is banished with this boom boom, thud thud hear it two mile away symphony of aural delight. I'm not sure what MPC paid to get this through the EU regs but MSO ear defenders will shortly be released.

That massive screen gives a wide and deep view of space age travel. Truly a great place for a driver to be looking forwards.

This car is MCLAREN.........you lucky future owners. Envy? Absolutely,

ps this review was written after collecting my MP12 from Mclaren after receiving the latest software upgrade . I then thought, today , that I would imagine it was a P1 as it is a low cost way to enjoying the best of Mclaren. You know it makes sense........

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
It all makes sense RIC,everything makes sense when your on your own on a dry B road with the music off and your hands,eyes feet and bum living the dream !!
Even get that elusive fizz in the nether regions

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today was one of those great drives that only Mclaren can deliver..........sometimes I think the Autumn air (humidity) just helps that mega instant power delivery..........well deliver! Brilliant , brilliant fun.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mikey, you're in for the drive of your life..............and it will look good too!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You had me there......

Whats the latest software version, and were is it displayed?
It is the latest is all I know, as off 25/10/13. Mclaren do not tell the dealers what is embodied in the changes.

What I noticed ( but I have been driving a 4x4 truck for the past 14 days ) was a much bigger throttle blip on down changes which I thought was FUN.

Maybe harder damper settings in Sport/Sport.......but a BIG maybe.

More response in 3rd and 4th but a guess........great wallops of torque for massive forward thrust.

Better empty tank calibration....I got 60 litres in instead of 50/55.

The tyre temp screen stayed on.........rather than default back to what it used to default back to.

At pedestrian crossings more interest from the girls.

Is there a way of identifying software version?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, here it is

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts