McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At frosty silver stone tomorrow with a group of 20 plus friends .
Looking forward to finally driving the 12c on track . Think it will be interesting in the frost .
Lets see the angles that can be achieved !
Can't wait , excited of Surrey .

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
At frosty silver stone tomorrow with a group of 20 plus friends .
Looking forward to finally driving the 12c on track . Think it will be interesting in the frost .
Lets see the angles that can be achieved !
Can't wait , excited of Surrey .
Hope your friends will video you for us Doom,i would like to see you drive her like weve seen you in CGT :)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Build up to it - the car's limits are ridiculous, but if you get it wrong too early... ouch. But sounds like you've been to this rodeo a few times, so I'm betting you're going to have a blast. The 12C is insane on track.

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope your friends will video you for us Doom,i would like to see you drive her like weve seen you in CGT :)
Thanks mate , there will be video I hope :)

This is what I love to see, someone going out and buying an exotic and enjoying it! Have fun Doom :D
Thank you I will , really looking forward to this ...
Build up to it - the car's limits are ridiculous, but if you get it wrong too early... ouch. But sounds like you've been to this rodeo a few times, so I'm betting you're going to have a blast. The 12C is insane on track.
It will be great but My main concern is i may forget how to turn everything off , it's so bloody complicated !

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trackday Review

Tracked the 12c , conditions were frosty and cold , ice went away and it was lovely bright and cold .
Impressions of the car were that it is just stunningly fast . In track/track it was frankly boring to drive . It was too fast to have fun with my friends( i was lapping at a completely different speed ) and too safe to be entertaining , it was what it was made to be . Devastatingly fast around a track . The car was doing so much for me i didnt like it , too intrusive and just not enough edge however that is the safety systems job . criticising that is like criticising your socks for keeping your feet warm !
Turning off the aids completely was much better . The car was still too fast for the porsches etc but was a whole load of fun . predictable on the limit and surprisingly mechanical feeling to slide .
I absolutely loved it , big power , big speed and big slides when you want . A fantastic car all round . If I am supercritical I would say the brakes are not GT3rs good and the throttle could be a wee bit sharper .
As all my friends bounced their way to the hotel in rock solid spine busting cars I cruised back , radio gently playing in the background .
In short I still think it is THE best supercar for road and daily use and a much better track car than I thought it would be .

McPOWER :D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
WOW... coming from you that is high praise!! I expected a more critical review considering your previous track experience.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Mr Doom, did you notice what mpg you achieved on track........4mpg or less?

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you think that you had a good time w the car at the track with stock alignment wait till you put on corsas w bigger front and rear tires and -3.8 camber front and -2.2 rear.

Oh wait a minute, I'll tell you next track day.

1:21.1 ccw at msr cresson on pzero street tires is sick.

With Bigger corsas and a few more tweaks I think 1.18's are very doable consistent.

will let you know

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tracked the 12c , conditions were frosty and cold , ice went away and it was lovely bright and cold .
Impressions of the car were that it is just stunningly fast . In track/track it was frankly boring to drive . It was too fast to have fun with my friends( i was lapping at a completely different speed ) and too safe to be entertaining , it was what it was made to be . Devastatingly fast around a track . The car was doing so much for me i didnt like it , too intrusive and just not enough edge however that is the safety systems job . criticising that is like criticising your socks for keeping your feet warm !
Turning off the aids completely was much better . The car was still too fast for the porsches etc but was a whole load of fun . predictable on the limit and surprisingly mechanical feeling to slide .
I absolutely loved it , big power , big speed and big slides when you want . A fantastic car all round . If I am supercritical I would say the brakes are not GT3rs good and the throttle could be a wee bit sharper .
As all my friends bounced their way to the hotel in rock solid spine busting cars I cruised back , radio gently playing in the background .
In short I still think it is THE best supercar for road and daily use and a much better track car than I thought it would be .

McPOWER :D
What's the procedure to completely turn off stability control as I'm planning to take it to the track soon and want to make sure I try it in different settings.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
love to see a vid from one of the porsches as you were passing,unless theve wiped them out of disgust!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts