graphite gray
black interior
Meridian
ceramics, orange calipers
stealth incl wheels
lift
sport exhaust
winter wheel set--a fit of uncharacteristic optimism

I tried to go for all meat and potatoes, no cosmetics. Apparently there were some parts issues and I did not get the exact spec I wanted. Had I been able to anticipate that, I might have gone pre-owned. However, I'm also picky about run-in. I've read everything I can get my hands on and landed in the "moderate" camp. No cold or early redlines, let the expansion and friction happen, basically just mechanical empathy. The car came with 78 miles though, and I doubt all those were tame.

It's everything you guys say it is. Better in person than pictures. Great sounds. Not obnoxious or flatulent, as 6E described the low rpm modern F car sound, but just serious. LOTS of turbo noise. Chirps, whooshes, whistles, chuffs (like a tiger). Burbles and pops from the inconel.

Driving impressions, not too many yet. Just that it's fast, smooth, and friendly. There are some things I miss about the 458.

In the many reviews by amateur and professional writers and drivers, I don't think enough has been said about the controls. I've never used such comfortable, intuitive, ergonomic, reasonably sane controls. Really near perfect feedback and response to inputs. But where is the damned pre-cog? I get an artificial click, follow by a delayed shift. Perhaps track mode...bwahahahaha

As a daily driver? I don't know. I have a long torso I guess. You guys must be flexible. Hadn't you heard, men are supposed to marry the gymnasts...not emulate them.

The late Frank Herbert advised young writers against using the word "very". This puts me at a loss. Very pretty, very usable, very fast. It's a sinister bad-a$$ bundle of tech. The computers are definitely there. Haven't experienced brake steer yet.

In comparison with the 458 I traded, I won't grind in the old news. I'm still a fan of Ferrari, but the game has advanced. So it's not my exact spec, details to follow, but thing is, the car is talking to me. Bonding. Making robot/animal noises. I think it's a keeper, and this is fate :p

Questions:
Does 78 miles sound normal for testing and transport?
Has anyone done a good ceramic bedding? Preferably one that won't get me arrested.
How can I get rid of the ISG?
Are the speakers electrostatic like Ferrari's?
Why didn't I buy this car last year?

sorry about the sideways pic
Cheers

Attachments

·
Owner
277 Posts
Picked up my car on this blustery Saturday. My spec is essentially:
graphite gray
black interior
Meridian
ceramics, orange calipers
stealth incl wheels
lift
sport exhaust
winter wheel set--a fit of uncharacteristic optimism

I tried to go for all meat and potatoes, no cosmetics. Apparently there were some parts issues and I did not get the exact spec I wanted. Had I been able to anticipate that, I might have gone pre-owned. However, I'm also picky about run-in. I've read everything I can get my hands on and landed in the "moderate" camp. No cold or early redlines, let the expansion and friction happen, basically just mechanical empathy. The car came with 78 miles though, and I doubt all those were tame.

It's everything you guys say it is. Better in person than pictures. Great sounds. Not obnoxious or flatulent, as 6E described the low rpm modern F car sound, but just serious. LOTS of turbo noise. Chirps, whooshes, whistles, chuffs (like a tiger). Burbles and pops from the inconel.

Driving impressions, not too many yet. Just that it's fast, smooth, and friendly. There are some things I miss about the 458.

In the many reviews by amateur and professional writers and drivers, I don't think enough has been said about the controls. I've never used such comfortable, intuitive, ergonomic, reasonably sane controls. Really near perfect feedback and response to inputs. But where is the damned pre-cog? I get an artificial click, follow by a delayed shift. Perhaps track mode...bwahahahaha

As a daily driver? I don't know. I have a long torso I guess. You guys must be flexible. Hadn't you heard, men are supposed to marry the gymnasts...not emulate them.

The late Frank Herbert advised young writers against using the word "very". This puts me at a loss. Very pretty, very usable, very fast. It's a sinister bad-a$$ bundle of tech. The computers are definitely there. Haven't experienced brake steer yet.

In comparison with the 458 I traded, I won't grind in the old news. I'm still a fan of Ferrari, but the game has advanced. So it's not my exact spec, details to follow, but thing is, the car is talking to me. Bonding. Making robot/animal noises. I think it's a keeper, and this is fate :p

Questions:
Does 78 miles sound normal for testing and transport?
Has anyone done a good ceramic bedding? Preferably one that won't get me arrested.
How can I get rid of the ISG?
Are the speakers electrostatic like Ferrari's?
Why didn't I buy this car last year?

sorry about the sideways pic
Cheers
If your car was an updated 2012 or 13 pre-cog is gone. 78 miles seems normal mine had 120 and I am sure the dealer moved it around it bit. On the ISG just put all 3 modes in the minimum using the computer setting on the left screen.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats on getting to become one with the machine! It is all you described, and more. I picked mine up on Wednesday and am amazed at just what this car can do and the response this car evokes from spectators, passengers, and drivers. Enjoy your beautiful car!!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Enjoy your beautiful car ergoproxy, wishing you very many memorable experiences and moments with this exceptional and exciting little machine. Cheers....??

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Congratulations!

Great looking color combination - look forward to hearing more driving impressions along the way.

I noticed the Lake Forest license plate by chance did you see a black / black - would love for someone to lay a set of eyes on the paint before they apply clear bra.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Congratulations!

Great looking color combination - look forward to hearing more driving impressions along the way.

I noticed the Lake Forest license plate by chance did you see a black / black - would love for someone to lay a set of eyes on the paint before they apply clear bra.
Actually clear bra will hide surface paint swirls. Anything not covered is all you really need to polish / correct. Meguiars micro fiber pad will fix anything in no time. Might start the rear half of my car and the roof tomorrow, was too windy today to wash and clay.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Actually clear bra will hide surface paint swirls. Anything not covered is all you really need to polish / correct. Meguiars micro fiber pad will fix anything in no time. Might start the rear half of my car and the roof tomorrow, was too windy today to wash and clay.
Got it - be nice to have a fresh set of eyes go over the paint.

Assuming the dealer clays and addresses any issues prior to clear bra.

Take some pics!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Congrats ergo!!!

78 delivery miles is realistic. Mine had more than that, as well. I was quite faithful to the run in procedure, too. It's torture but oh so worth it when you finally open it up! I could swear now that my car is over 10,000 km that the engine produces more power. Anybody else feeling that??

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
No doubt it is improving and I expect it to continue getting 'looser' as the miles pass 20,000. The power is much smoother but seems more responsive at the same time......great engine.

The thing that also amazes me is the lack of tyre wear compared to my other sports cars which were mostly 911's.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No doubt it is improving and I expect it to continue getting 'looser' as the miles pass 20,000. The power is much smoother but seems more responsive at the same time......great engine.

The thing that also amazes me is the lack of tyre wear compared to my other sports cars which were mostly 911's.
I've heard stories of dangerous rear wear on 911s. Must be that engine hung over the back. On the other hand, low weight, torque management, air brake...good stuff.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations!

Sorry, I did not notice a black one this time. The lighting is not great in the showroom either, it's better in the service area.

Lake Forest uses 3M, which may not be optimal. For expediency I went with it anyway. $2500 for arches, rockers, front up to glass leading edge of mirrors. Latest 3M product has long warranty at least.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Congratulations!

Surprised you missed he has the cf wheel caps! ;)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts

The engine does improve with milage no doubt! But as for tyres,im using them up quicker than on my 997tt,partly due to the fact i can travel everywhere 20% quicker which is bound to take its toll.

Congrat on your car ergoproxy,now you know we wernt B---------G :) and you still have to give her the beans!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts