McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Thanks for all your help and feedback over the past several weeks. I finally made the jump and got a volcano orange coupe . I was very tentative after test driving the car twice and almost jumped on a 458 but something drew me to the mac and it is an amazing car. Once I found my comfortable seating position, this car totally kicks ass.

My previous car, Audi R8 spyder (v8 engine), now that I compare it, drove so bad...just the damn rTronic transmission was so bad, every shift would have me going back and forth in my seat like I was on a roller coaster...The mp4 is soooo smooth and builds up speed soo fast....30 mins into driving it on a free way...I saw red and blues on my tail, thank god the trooper just pulled up next to me and let me go :)

Here is a pic...believe me, the volcano orange looks flat out amazing during the day in the sun and you just cant photograph it right....

Looking forward to all of our discussions in the future about this amazing car !!

Now I am scoping out Long Island looking for an Aventador to race :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Congratulations!!!! Please give us more details about the car!

Btw... U might want to have an Attorney on retainer.;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well done! Glad to see you are enjoying it and can see how it is changing the game relative to the R8-458.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty straight forward on options...special paint....sport exhaust, lightweight forged wheels, leather, elctric heated seats, carbon fiber sills, meridian, parking sensors.....

I would have loved to get a back up camera but I guess I will have to do aftermarket on it...I was at first disappointed that there was no homelink for garage door...but then I realized that the Ferrari charges almost $2000 or more for that option and I got the job done by getting a remote garage door opener from home depot for $35 so I guess it would be a dumb option to buy but mclaren should include it with the meridian system (can't be that much since my infiniti comes standard with it)....

One option, I would like is a lift kit but I guess its not in the cards for the 2012s....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at least mclaren included ipod integration as a standard option....ferrari charges almost $1k for that one option....

·
Administrator
2,701 Posts
pretty straight forward on options...special paint....sport exhaust, lightweight forged wheels, leather, elctric heated seats, carbon fiber sills, meridian, parking sensors.....

I would have loved to get a back up camera but I guess I will have to do aftermarket on it...I was at first disappointed that there was no homelink for garage door...but then I realized that the Ferrari charges almost $2000 or more for that option and I got the job done by getting a remote garage door opener from home depot for $35 so I guess it would be a dumb option to buy but mclaren should include it with the meridian system (can't be that much since my infiniti comes standard with it)....

One option, I would like is a lift kit but I guess its not in the cards for the 2012s....
Congratulations. The 12C really is amazingly quick.

Lift kits are a 2013 addition. You should be able to get one retrofitted.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Congrats on another VO,they are just becoming far too common,thankfully you are on the other side of the pond:D
Welcome to the club!!!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Congrats on the car. Would agree on your comment about VO, it's an amazing colour in bright sunshine...

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Congratulations looks great!

Suggest picking up a nice radar system and clear bra.

The hood and especially the areas behind the tires take a lot of road / debris abuse.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

There is an option for Homelink, send your mirror to radar mirror, they can add three buttons pretty reasonably. Other owners have done this.

·
Registered
914 Posts
congrats! awesome car!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice indeed! Enjoy and take advantage of those upstate mountain roads!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Very good looking car. I envy you since I'm waiting for mine (to arrive in August).
Enjoy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts