41 Posts
F'n awesome!

Reactions: EvolutionAutomotive

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" 12C
777 Posts
SO MANY QUESTIONS...

PS - I love the Black & Gold theme, especially the fade on the wheels - I've never seen that before - LOVE IT!

Q1 - Why move the turbos up top? Are those Borg Warner turbos that much bigger that they physically would not fit down below? And are the exhaust manifolds OEM 12C manifold just reworked?

Q2- Can you reveal more pictures of how the air inlet tubing flows into the turbo plumbing? for instance, does this setup still utilize the stock airboxes?

Q3 - Did this car start life as a 12C? (It's 2013 Spider perhaps?)

Q4 - Can you share pics of the custom "high rise" wing hydraulic actuator setup. That looks very trick.

Q4 - Last Question! Can you share a source for the solid Carbon Fiber door sill covers? Those look amazing vs. the boring carpet the 12C and 650S came with.

KUDOS to the BRAINS behind this build! Looks like an amazing feat of engineering on a platform that was already "amazingly engineered" to begin with... You have made this major upgrade look OEM to the untrained eye...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SO MANY QUESTIONS...

PS - I love the Black & Gold theme, especially the fade on the wheels - I've never seen that before - LOVE IT!

Thank you, I came up with the design of black fading to the gold so that the gold would not overpower the overall look. Keep it flowing

Q1 - Why move the turbos up top? Are those Borg Warner turbos that much bigger that they physically would not fit down below? And are the exhaust manifolds OEM 12C manifold just reworked?

Yes, they are huge and they will also now be more accessible, that other added benefit is that you hear so much more now, think P1! The manifold is 3D printed in Billet aluminum and the exhaust manifold is also 3D printed in Inconel

Q2- Can you reveal more pictures of how the air inlet tubing flows into the turbo plumbing? for instance, does this setup still utilize the stock airboxes?

Custom airbuses used, will see about getting pics of the air inlet lines, all customs of course

Q3 - Did this car start life as a 12C? (It's 2013 Spider perhaps?)

2014 12C

Q4 - Can you share pics of the custom "high rise" wing hydraulic actuator setup. That looks very trick.

stock actuator setup, 3D printed uprights, like the High Sport P11

Q4 - Last Question! Can you share a source for the solid Carbon Fiber door sill covers? Those look amazing vs. the boring carpet the 12C and 650S came with.

Those are OEM believe it or not, super rare but I was able to source a set for this build.

Q5- Please tell us more about the center air vent modification? Is it some sort of boost gauge?

Yes, custom boost gauge for positive, negative PSI who you can toggle through the settings via two buttons on the unit, air still flows though it as well, we like that!
B71D1A69-2444-453C-8BE0-9C09C44DB3CF.JPG
IMG_2080.JPG
IMG_2082.JPG
IMG_2081.JPG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts