McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
owner
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally...said if he had to do one again it would be $15,000. paint,primer,sealant cost about 4,000.they cut no corners bringing cervesa for the workers,Cristal for the foreman!still waiting on more paint for front bumper coming via ground (hazardous material)should take delivery Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person @ Pebble Beach. Are you painting the calipers as well?

·
owner
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person @ Pebble Beach. Are you painting the calipers as well?
yes as close as we can come to volcano red. body shop wouldn't remove calipersor let my guy do any work there. I think my guy can match close enough.
you are in Miami and coming out here?If you see me flag me down and say hey.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yes I would love to see them do Volcano Red calipers. Do it!

·
owner
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can't get the paint and since body shop wouldn't remove calipers
or let my guy do it (warranty concerns) we will match as close as possible.

·
C A R B O N
345 Posts
Get the paint batch and match info from the body shop from thier supplier for the best match. You wont need that much for the caipers. If the current shop has the matching supply. Have them set aside part of the balance to use on the calipers...hell you paid for the paint aleady !

David

·
owner
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get the paint batch and match info from the body shop from thier supplier for the best match. You wont need that much for the caipers. If the current shop has the matching supply. Have them set aside part of the balance to use on the calipers...hell you paid for the paint aleady !

David
they are funny about that...ONLY a McLaren authorized paint shop
can use the paint......

I also wanted to paint the wheels volcano red..shop said paint woulnt adhere to the wheels properly
so they refused the business.

·
C A R B O N
345 Posts
Calipers and wheels are a must to make it complete. Maybe some nice carbon accents

There are alot of shops out there that can refinish the wheels without issue.

Looking good !!

David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts