McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this morning when I woke up I was truly surprised to find this vehicle being shown on car buzz.
I'm under the impression that someone has been looking at the likes of McLaren P1. This car has many similarities, especially when looking at the front, rear and of course the rear duct. Just goes to show that McLaren has achieved the cutting edge and an exceptionally great design, and now car designers are starting to copy styling cues from the McLaren. So thumbs up for McLaren for getting notice in all aspects of the word. Enjoy the following article and images. Cheers.....??

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/1/7/Ferrari-Xezri-Competizione-Edition-by-Samir-Sadikhov-7712390

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Yet I posted a rendering last month from 2010 of the P1 looking identical to its present day form.

Link

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yet I posted a rendering last month from 2010 of the P1 looking identical to its present day form.

Link

>8^)
ER
I'm not actually claiming that McLaren copied that Ferrari which is why I wrote "if anything...". I was being sarcastic. My point was that the Ferrari Xezri was seen long before the P1 ever was and therfore the designer could not have been influenced by it nor 'copy' it.
I don't think they look similar anyways.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I'm with you - and was also being sarcastic in my reply, though perhaps less obvious. I think all the claims of design plagiarism get a bit out of hand in the automotive world.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have it backwards. If anything it was McLaren doing the copying. This car was originally student work submitted for the Ferrari world design competition from 2011:

http://samirsadixov.blogspot.ca/2011/07/ferrari-xezri.html
I think you should reread what I wrote, I stated similarities to the P1. As for McLaren coping that's truly far fetched to say the least with their storied background in F1 cars. The P1 which was on display at the Paris auto show, back in late September 2012. Now how long do you think it would take to actual put a near production car into a show. Or in other words to take a car from the drawing board to conception i.e. street ready production. I was just amazed at the similarities that all wasn't trying to piss in your cornflakes. Cheers....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the last sentence. What I meant to say was I wasn't trying to piss in any bodies cornflakes, it's only my view and opinion. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I think you should reread what I wrote, I stated similarities to the P1. As for McLaren coping that's truly far fetched to say the least with their storied background in F1 cars. The P1 which was on display at the Paris auto show, back in late September 2012. Now how long do you think it would take to actual put a near production car into a show. Or in other words to take a car from the drawing board to conception i.e. street ready production. I was just amazed at the similarities that all wasn't trying to piss in your cornflakes. Cheers....����
I think we're misunderstanding each other. Read my post above. I was being sarcastic about McLaren copying the Ferrari. I was just stating that the suggestion of your post that quote: "now car designers are starting to copy styling cues from the McLaren" is probably off with regards to the Xezri because it's designer did it long before he saw the P1.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm with you - and was also being sarcastic in my reply, though perhaps less obvious. I think all the claims of design plagiarism get a bit out of hand in the automotive world.

>8^)
ER
No kidding! A lot of us designers, regardless of what type of design we do, can be giant, insecure Prima Donnas.:eek:
But seriously, Peloton, I've seen tantrums, fights and 'he said-she said' over plagiarism between two designers that would make a Kardashian blush.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries. No need to apologize. It's not the most serious of topics. Saluti...
I thought it was the appropriate thing to do, I do not want to come across a being either arrogant or naive but appreciate your understanding. Cheers...??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No kidding! A lot of us designers, regardless of what type of design we do, can be giant, insecure Prima Donnas.:eek:
But seriously, Peloton, I've seen tantrums, fights and 'he said-she said' over plagiarism between two designers that would make a Kardashian blush.
I fully understand and appreciate that but no one likes to be taken advantage of or for that matter robbed of an idea. Some people work damn hard to receive notoriety, and to get that taken away from you can be detrimental. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I fully understand and appreciate that but no one likes to be taken advantage of or for that matter robbed of an idea. Some people work damn hard to receive notoriety, and to get that taken away from you can be detrimental. Cheers....??
I totally agree with that when it's blatant theft. It's very serious. I was just commenting about some of the more ridiculous accusations I've seen in my time as a designer and especially at college.

Luckily, the industry is relatively small so it's difficult to get away with it. It's almost career suicide to try to do it because everyone will know exactly what you've done.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I totally agree with that when it's blatant theft. It's very serious. I was just commenting about some of the more ridiculous accusations I've seen in my time as a designer and especially at college.

Luckily, the industry is relatively small so it's difficult to get away with it. It's almost career suicide to try to do it because everyone will know exactly what you've done.
Point well taken. Cheers....??

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well, from my perspective, I agree this thing looks "really swell," but I have no clue whether all those boy racer scoops and angles and stuff result in a solid racing shape or just some "gee wiz" collection of red and black paint.

It reminds me. I've seen some beautiful race horses in my time who couldn't run a lick. They were posers. Then there was my favorite: a very ordinary, rather clumsy looking horse named Bates Motel. He only knew how to do one thing: Win stakes races. For me, he was beautiful.

So what do we have in this Xezri Competizione? I cannot tell.

[BTW: When Bates Motel's parimutuel caree
r was over, he was retired to stud. Now that's a reward for being a real racer.]

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
If-anything, this Xezri Competizione mockup looks to be inspired from Jim's P4/5 revealed in '06 & along the lines of Pinifarina's general design of the 458 Italia released in '09. Nice bit of kit, admittedly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts