McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen the latest article on the Ferrari, I must say I'm not impressed. I realize that they've camouflaged the car but the lines look dated. In actual fact it reminds me of the Maserati of years gone by that being the MC12. The P1 is going to blow this car away in looks and in performance. Enjoy the article and the beautiful pictures, not. Cheers....??

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/1/25/New-Enzo-F150-Spied-on-the-Streets-7712691

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
There is going to have to be alot going on under that camo to match the P1,im not sure about the look of those porthole quarter lights,there is no continuity between those and the rest of the lines??? You could argue that it has quarter lights though?? Unless they are hatches for whatever ?

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Those were plainly visible on the chassis mockup they showed in Paris. They won't be windows though - I don't think, as they're not going to offer any visibility based on the way the passenger cell is shaped in relation.

And I agree - the camo on this car is hiding a lot of things. Most of what you can see in any of those photos is not real. I do think the top of the windshield is a bit too squared off, but I think the rest of the car will be one of Ferrari's better designs in recent years. I'm really not a fan of most of their recent stuff.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
i hadnt seen the rear view before ,so clearly not quarter lights,but they are big for just the fuel filler:D

·
Registered
380 Posts
That mule is wearing serious camo, I think. Looking at the roof line, and feeling that modern performance cars are penned by the designer's wind tunnel, I think the 150 is going to look a lot like a 458 on steroids.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Those headlights are butt ugly, but based on earlier front and rear photos that were revealed I think the overall design is going to be pretty awesome. Very racecar inspired and not soft and over-styled like Ferrari's current line-up. At least that is what I am hoping. Although, I must admit that my confidence in Mr. Manzoni is not brimming.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
... I think the rest of the car will be one of Ferrari's better designs in recent years. I'm really not a fan of most of their recent stuff.
I concur. The last designs that resonated w/ me, in their entirety, were the 550/575 Maranello, 612 Scaglietti, and F430. Their successors have their notable attributes, but lack an overall cohesiveness in the sense of a uniform design. Just me 2-pence... :D

I think the 150 is going to look a lot like a 458 on steroids.
Generally speaking, the "super" Ferrari sets the design-direction for the forward coming models (namely the MR V8 models), irrespective of its model-year release.

288 GTO

F40

F50

Enzo
458-v2

F150
458-v2_successor
458-v2_successor-II

Point being, the F150 will transcend the Enzo/458 form-factor. Well, at least going by past trends.

... I think! :p

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Probably the best images yet of Ferrari's 'Ugly Duckling'

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
In case you were referring to me, I'm not underestimating it. Ferrari have taken an extra six months to ensure they don't get completely embarrassed by the McLaren P1 and they must have a few tricks up their sleeve. I simply referred to it as the 'ugly duckling' because it has a duck bill face and is probably one of the least appealing looking prototypes in history. No doubt once they strip the camo several of its ungainly features will disappear.

If you were referring to andy c's comment - well, he's just a McLaren fan boy. :D

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is getting pretty interesting, here's a question,
I'm guessing ferrari are wanting to be faster than the pagani. And in turn mclaren are going to want to be faster than the ferrari and vice versa. How freakin fast are these two going to be following paganis top gear effort. :D
Also I think the only thing that resembles the production fezz would be the tub that's it!
It's not going to be ugly, truly fast things are never ugly beneath the makeup.
Jake,

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
There are portions of the bodywork seen there that are true to production. Certainly the greenhouse shape along with the glass is here to stay and portions of the fenders appear to be the real deal. The back end is a farce and the duckbill will also disappear. Supposedly previews for European customers will take place this week and next so more real details may soon slip out.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well they did an excellent job of camouflaging the car, because I find it looks hideous the way it is. Job well done. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
41 Posts
1.13.8 min/sec

In case you were referring to me, I'm not underestimating it. Ferrari have taken an extra six months to ensure they don't get completely embarrassed by the McLaren P1 and they must have a few tricks up their sleeve. I simply referred to it as the 'ugly duckling' because it has a duck bill face and is probably one of the least appealing looking prototypes in history. No doubt once they strip the camo several of its ungainly features will disappear.

If you were referring to andy c's comment - well, he's just a McLaren fan boy. :D

>8^)
ER
How much faster could this baby move.... Than the Pagani Huayra - wai-ra..?

·
Beyond P1
223 Posts
At least the Ferrari prototype beats the P1 and Huayra in ground clearance. Speaking of which, development of the twin chassis continues.:)

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Specs from MarkoRamius on TeamSpeed via one of the private factory previews.

950 BHP plays 1,270 KG
Bespoke V12 built to sound like a Formula One engine at full chat
Engine Red-Lines @ 9,200 RPM but Max Torque available from 1,000RPM
499 Cars @ EUR1.2 million
Official Launch in Geneva
Deliveries Commence December 2013
trax then clarified that its 800hp from the V12 and then 150hp boost from KERS. Also weight figure listed is Dry Weight.

The most laughable part of Marko's claims aren't on the list though - it's the part where he said "...the F150 is phenomenal and will comprehensively annihilate the P1". Riiiiight... :D

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Specs from MarkoRamius on TeamSpeed via one of the private factory previews.

trax then clarified that its 800hp from the V12 and then 150hp boost from KERS. Also weight figure listed is Dry Weight.

The most laughable part of Marko's claims aren't on the list though - it's the part where he said "...the F150 is phenomenal and will comprehensively annihilate the P1". Riiiiight... :D

>8^)
ER
Shame as Marko has talked sense in the past and owns a 12c,seems the Italians are getting to him:D,i see there is no mention of downforce,which is telling in itself;)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Shame as Marko has talked sense in the past and owns a 12c,seems the Italians are getting to him:D,i see there is no mention of downforce,which is telling in itself;)
ground clearance tells you everything you need to know there I think andy?

I am beginning to believe that the 600kg figure for the p1 is a spoof... would be the PR department taking a leaf out of the F1 teams books me thinks..
perhaps I am wanting to believe it's a spoof.. I won't question that..

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Shared on Fchat:

>8^)
ER

1 - 20 of 83 Posts