·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Magazines rate the HP at 818. Dry weight - 3240 lbs. Real weight -circa 3550.
Yes Euro CV to HP conversion. The 650 HP from a 2.9L ICE is impressive. The starter motor and battery add some weight 😂 Will be interesting to see how the Artura test drive compares …

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice tech but aluminum chassis and pretty run of the mill design. I like the sound but not the look of the car. I’m sure while Ferrari will sell these with ease, I can’t help but be somewhat disappointed with their recent vehicle designs. Sf90, f8 Tributo, and now this all look fairly similar with the headlight treatment…

·
Registered
495 Posts
The price difference between Artrua and 296 will be more than $100K. Reports are stating the price of the 296 is $348K.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Why do journalists compare it with the Artura? Yes I understand it's also a V6 Hybrid but for me the 296 GTB is one category above the Artura.

In short, I find it really superb, with impressive technologies.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
So is this car a replacement for the F8? At $350k it would seem so...in which case will be interesting to see what the next generation of 720 is. To me it looks a lot like a reskinned MC20 without the nifty McLaren copycat doors. Anyone else seeing that?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Road and Track says higher than the starting price of the F8 Tributo, which starts at $277k. I'd like to see the spec on a F8 that is $277k? Does it come with wheels and an engine at $277K. LOL

·
Registered
421 Posts
Why do journalists compare it with the Artura? Yes I understand it's also a V6 Hybrid but for me the 296 GTB is one category above the Artura.

In short, I find it really superb, with impressive technologies.
Because same number of cylinder and engine layout… and in comparison Artura should be better tech wise since the carbon chassis alone gives it some advantages. As to styling, Ferrari really missed it with this car. Lately their cars look like old Camaro concept car.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Because same number of cylinder and engine layout… and in comparison Artura should be better tech wise since the carbon chassis alone gives it some advantages. As to styling, Ferrari really missed it with this car. Lately their cars look like old Camaro concept car. View attachment 212573
I (respectfully) disagree with you, I find the 296 GTB more beautiful and also better in terms of technology.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I (respectfully) disagree with you, I find the 296 GTB more beautiful and also better in terms of technology.
No problem ;) The thing about cars looks is that it is purely subjective... I just think these current models lack some of the beauty from previous mid engine offerings and the new front end for the sf90, tributo, and the this GTB just doesnt work for me... But realistically if you are looking in terms of tech wise, Ferrari has really been playing catch up and only now with the current gen of cars that we are seeing some updates on otherwise fairly evolutionary development. Mclaren chassis engine tech have been years ahead of Ferrari for some time with a much more advanced foundation from the beginning. But being fair to Ferrari, Mclaren was able to start with a new chassis over existing Ferrari's alcoa aluminum chassis architecture which is still being used to this day. That is why weight reduction is difficult with Ferrari.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@Jonathan19 The 296GTB ‘better in terms of technology’ is correct for the ICE HP and perhaps also for the electric motor HP - perhaps the electric motor in the Artura is lighter?. But the light weight stiff carbon chassis and I think the new light weight wiring electric bus system used in the Artura may be ahead of that used in the 296GTB 😇

1 - 20 of 166 Posts