McLaren Life banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
thank you all for your feedback. i passed on the car. for any one that is interested the car is loaded. $394k sticker- all interior and exterior carbon packages. Seller would take $245. listing below.
if anyone is interested in selling a loaded clean 1 owner coupe with less than 7k miles please let me know. thanks!

Knox's orange one looks way better in my opinion and also is a performance spec - which is a plus in my opinion (unless you really really want leather seats)

·
Premium Member
2014 McLaren MP4-12C
1 Posts
Run Forest, Run 🤪
A fool and his money are soon parted…

So i just sold my Huracan and decided that i am going to replace it with a 2018 - 720s 8k miles. After weeks of looking i found my unicorn however there is a catch. The car has an unknown full catless exhaust on it and an unknown tune (i would be the 5th owner, the mods were done by 2nd or 3rd owner)

Prior to buying the car (It's in Texas i am in CT) i will have a PPI and a leak down test. Assuming that all comes back clean;

If i put the car back to bone stock will i be ok?
I am afraid i might buy this beautiful car and then have the engine or a turbo shit the bed.

any experience or insight would be much appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
384 Posts
So i just sold my Huracan and decided that i am going to replace it with a 2018 - 720s 8k miles. After weeks of looking i found my unicorn however there is a catch. The car has an unknown full catless exhaust on it and an unknown tune (i would be the 5th owner, the mods were done by 2nd or 3rd owner)

Prior to buying the car (It's in Texas i am in CT) i will have a PPI and a leak down test. Assuming that all comes back clean;

I am afraid i might buy this beautiful car and then have the engine or a turbo shit the bed.

Just know that this car has surely had any remaining factory warranty voided (regardless of what anyone tells you), and will not be warrantable from McLaren’s ESC provider either.

McLaren have become absolute ball busters from a warranty perspective, even for things that you would think should absolutely be covered, no questions asked.

Going catless, which requires a tune, has always been an instant warranty killer.

As long as you’re willing to take the risk and expense for any repairs, you will absolutely love the car!

Enjoy on good health!

·
Registered
2018 McLaren 720S Cerulean Blue
40 Posts
thank you all for your feedback. i passed on the car. for any one that is interested the car is loaded. $394k sticker- all interior and exterior carbon packages. Seller would take $245. listing below.
if anyone is interested in selling a loaded clean 1 owner coupe with less than 7k miles please let me know. thanks!

I've been considering selling mine as well as I found out I need shoulder surgery and partial double knee replacement...Great!!
I'm not sure if I'll be able to drive it for quite some time and or get in and out of it!
Mine is a 2018, 6800 miles, full expel vehicle wrap, just had all it's full service done and I purchased the 2 year extended warranty. it's like new!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I've been considering selling mine as well as I found out I need shoulder surgery and partial double knee replacement...Great!!
I'm not sure if I'll be able to drive it for quite some time and or get in and out of it!
Mine is a 2018, 6800 miles, full expel vehicle wrap, just had all it's full service done and I purchased the 2 year extended warranty. it's like new!
View attachment 212260
View attachment 212261
really beautiful 720s - sorry for you not being able to enjoy it more

Reactions: rnixon

·
Premium Member
2019 720S Coupe Track Pack
196 Posts
Sorry to hear about your health issues - I hope it all goes well and you are back to full fitness as soon as possible - and then back in a McLaren!

There are some nice cars coming up for sale here recently - someone will be very happy.

·
Registered
24 Posts

firstly don’t touch anything that’s been modified, you are just asking for trouble. Second, in my opinion, don’t touch anything out of warranty. I love my car and am getting ready to move up to a 765 so getting ready to put mine on the market. Mine is an 18 launch edition, dead stock, 15000 miles, with warranty until 10/22. Has every option offered including the lightweight wheels that are no longer available. One retail owner, the car moved from one dealer to another before I bought it. If interested let me know. Good luck.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts