McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
I raced a guy with the Fabspeed exhaust and down pipes and he couldn't pull me at all. I would think with the dyno sheets presented that he would be making more power. He had a guy ride with me to shoot the video but he wont send me the link. I dont think he was too happy about it. It was definitely loud though. I will follow up and try and get the video for everyones enjoyment but I am not holding me breath.

·
Sponsor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I raced a guy with the Fabspeed exhaust and down pipes and he couldn't pull me at all. I would think with the dyno sheets presented that he would be making more power. He had a guy ride with me to shoot the video but he wont send me the link. I dont think he was too happy about it. It was definitely loud though. I will follow up and try and get the video for everyones enjoyment but I am not holding me breath.
Interesting. There are always variables to take into account (dig/roll, tires, "driver mod", passengers etc). I've driven quite a few 720S' now, both stock and with our system, and the mid-range improvements are definitely noticeable. Not to mention dyno proven +55whp/51ft-lb gains at 5,700 RPMS (Dynojet).

·
Registered
686 Posts
I wis he would send me the link as he promised but I think he wasn't too happy with the results and doesn't want to share them.

·
Sponsor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Celebrate the changing of the seasons with Fabspeed! Enjoy 10% OFF all products from now through October 31st.

Take advantage of our exceptionally low lead
times - normally four weeks - now only one week!

PM me for info or pricing!

·
Registered
281 Posts
g
I had the area around the exhaust on the bumper clear bra'd since day one.... I've noticed that the film is starting to "melt" a little (stock exhaust). I would not want ANY flames jumping out of my exhaust as I feel this could potentially melt either the wing or the rear bumper... Do you have a guarantee that the shooting flames wont destroy those parts? From the looks of the video those flames come awful close to both the wing and the bumper...... shooting flames are cool... until your car catches fire or they destroy expensive parts.... a good amount of videos out there.... here are two Mclarens who thought it was cool to have flames shooting out until they ended up with melted bumpers...

https://youtu.be/bYxh-HuLrEU

https://youtu.be/7FBqWihzKTM

·
Sponsor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
g

I had the area around the exhaust on the bumper clear bra'd since day one.... I've noticed that the film is starting to "melt" a little (stock exhaust). I would not want ANY flames jumping out of my exhaust as I feel this could potentially melt either the wing or the rear bumper... Do you have a guarantee that the shooting flames wont destroy those parts? From the looks of the video those flames come awful close to both the wing and the bumper...... shooting flames are cool... until your car catches fire or they destroy expensive parts.... a good amount of videos out there.... here are two Mclarens who thought it was cool to have flames shooting out until they ended up with melted bumpers...

https://youtu.be/bYxh-HuLrEU

https://youtu.be/7FBqWihzKTM
I generally agree. Typically we won't tune for flames/cracks/pops etc as there are side effects i.e. driveability issues and the potential for bumper damage. That being said, there is a right and a wrong way to write a tune file so that you won't be just dumping extra fuel for massive flames, which can be potentially dangerous. Whenever a customer wants the car tuned for flames, cracks etc. I always like to give full disclosure that you may run into these issues. I can assure you that with our Sport Cats and Tune, there will not be a CEL or flames while still achieving a dramatic improvement in power/sound.

·
Sponsor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Fabspeed was proud to sponsor the IDS Supercars Voodoo Rally from Houston to New Orleans this year, featuring 30 incredible cars. I had the privilege to attend and ride along in this Napier 720S with our full Performance Package (Catbypass Pipes, Supersport LT-Style Exhaust, Titanium Tips and ECU Tune). Here's a clip of a donut break on the way to New Orleans ;)

·
Sponsor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Doesn't take much to light up the rear tires on the 720 looks like
It really doesn't! On the other hand, it was incredible how well it performed at the track the next day. Braking, handling, acceleration etc were all phenomenal, and I don't say that lightly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great guys! Been buying from Joe since before the flood! I think my 96 Porsche TT was one of the first - my friend Mark had his 720 there for a while - night and day how that thing turned out!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts