McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Anyone running them here, which combo? Please tell me how u like it....

I am planing to put full catless version with black quad tips but still not sure about quad tips may be stock tips look better?

Share your thoughts pls

Thanks

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hello,

Anyone running them here, which combo? Please tell me how u like it....

I am planing to put full catless version with black quad tips but still not sure about quad tips may be stock tips look better?

Share your thoughts pls

Thanks
Hey GT RUS, I had opted for the catless system but something's happened which persuaded me to go the 300 catted cell route. The guy who installed the system was extremely impressed with the fit and finish of the unit.

At this point I can't say much more except I love the look of the ceramic coated quad tips and the sound the system produces. Pfaff will be posting a video as soon as everything has been completed on the car. Cheers.....??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366893638.806840.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice...did u feel any power increase ?

Nice but I think I will go stock style tips and catless)))

Anyone installed catless exhaust here?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
No I've yet to drive the car I'm hoping to have it finished within the next 2 to 3 weeks. From what they are stating I'm suppose to get a 40.8 hp gain at the crank as well 49.2 ft/lbs torque at the crank. Cheers....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Sorry andy it's not a 2013 model it's actually a 2012. Yes and by the time I get the beast on the road the warranty will have expired. LOL...����. Cheers....����[/QUOTE

Ken,a quick question,given what has happended to belg,i am assuming that the McLaren dealership has kept your car to do your upgrades,so have they advised you they will stand by the warranty given things this might be different than in Europe due to different laws???:)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Sorry andy it's not a 2013 model it's actually a 2012. Yes and by the time I get the beast on the road the warranty will have expired. LOL...í ½í¸‚í ½í¸‚. Cheers....í ¼í½»í ¼í½»[/QUOTE

Ken,a quick question,given what has happended to belg,i am assuming that the McLaren dealership has kept your car to do your upgrades,so have they advised you they will stand by the warranty given things this might be different than in Europe due to different laws???:)
The only thing andy which could have any adverse affect is the exhaust system, yet I've been told that its highly unlikely due to it being more beneficial then not. Apart from that everything else thats been or being done to the car conforms to McLarens specifications. As for belg I hope that he is successful in resolving his current predicament. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
551 Posts
Absolutely correct extreme. If we czn't enjoy our ride the way we want to there's nu use of having them! The exhaust pipes are getting in therenas well.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is correct, in order to keep the MIL light off the cats are 300 cell units - still less than the factory, and only 1 per cylinder bank as opposed to 2 from the factory.

You absolutely will notice an increase in power if you choose the sport cats. The X-pipe, while it does add power, adds such a small percentage when you compare it to the total power the car puts out, its hard to feel. It does make the car sound a lot better however.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chris,

What about full catless vesion??? How much will we see and where max power comes? Any cel will come with u o2 sensor cheaters ?

May be is better to use sport cats?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey GT RUS, I had opted for the catless system but something's happened which persuaded me to go the 300 catted cell route. The guy who installed the system was extremely impressed with the fit and finish of the unit.

At this point I can't say much more except I love the look of the ceramic coated quad tips and the sound the system produces. Pfaff will be posting a video as soon as everything has been completed on the car. Cheers.....??

View attachment 2586
So how much HP increase do you get with this system? I assume Pfaff is doing the mod? Did you go with the full Fabspeed Performance package including the ECU upgrade?
I'm thinking of cancelling the Sports Exhaust and get an aftermarket upgrade. What do you think?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
So how much HP increase do you get with this system? I assume Pfaff is doing the mod? Did you go with the full Fabspeed Performance package including the ECU upgrade?
I'm thinking of cancelling the Sports Exhaust and get an aftermarket upgrade. What do you think?

Cheers
EVOMotorsports (sharkwerks) has a performance package if I can recall correctly;) to a tune of over 700hp! worth a look:)

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Evoms did the package. I was in contact with them and it seems they simply stopped to sell the upgrade. They always answerred they had some issues to be addressed and should resolve them in the near future.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/10/03/official-724hp-evolution-motorsports-mclaren-mp4-12c/

I did like the piggy bag solution and not messing with the cars internals.
Fabspeed still advertises a 724 HP package. Not sure if it will apply to my 2014 model or if this mod would be legal in Canada.

https://www.fabspeed.com/mclaren.html

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chris,

What about full catless vesion??? How much will we see and where max power comes? Any cel will come with u o2 sensor cheaters ?

May be is better to use sport cats?
Any Turbo car will like a full catless exhaust over sport cats. The McLaren is no different. We saw about 40hp to the wheels with the catless setup. Peak torque came approx. 400rpm sooner. I cannot comment on the CEL light with no programming and our O2 extenders as we don't have experience here whether that will keep the light off or not.

See dyno chart below. Green is stock, blue is sport cats, red is catless.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts