McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Interesting, However Perez seemed quite confident he was returning.. would be interesting to see kevin behind the wheel in F1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would love to see Magnussen at McLaren next year. It seems like he could be the next Hakkinen/Hamilton rookie to star driver for McLaren but I do think Sergio deserves another shot next year with a more competitive car.

If Magnussen doesn't arrive next year then I definitely want him in a McLaren for 2015.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Think it's way too early to mention KM in the same breath as Lewis, but he has had an impressive resume in the lower categories and good F1 testing results. If anything, if he can at least bring pace over a single lap, I think it would be very positive for the team. I think JB is a great racing driver, but McLaren is sorely missing someone that can wring the absolute best lap time out of the car, which must be a critical benchmark for its technical development. Plus, with all the fuel (and tire) strategy next year, track position is going to remain critical. Would be nice if somebody brought enough raw pace to fight for the occasional pole.

Either way, big fan of his father, Jan - been cheering him on as a factory Corvette driver for several years - he's a very exciting driver to watch, so hopefully Kevin has the same balls! :)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Think it's way too early to mention KM in the same breath as Lewis, but he has had an impressive resume in the lower categories and good F1 testing results. If anything, if he can at least bring pace over a single lap, I think it would be very positive for the team. I think JB is a great racing driver, but McLaren is sorely missing someone that can wring the absolute best lap time out of the car, which must be a critical benchmark for its technical development. Plus, with all the fuel (and tire) strategy next year, track position is going to remain critical. Would be nice if somebody brought enough raw pace to fight for the occasional pole.

Either way, big fan of his father, Jan - been cheering him on as a factory Corvette driver for several years - he's a very exciting driver to watch, so hopefully Kevin has the same balls! :)
Whitmarsh said his time at Abu Dhabi good enough for 6th on the grid. At the same time saying Perez performance disappointing.

What is it with McLaren and Latinos? F1 is ruthless I guess but ditching Perez after one season is poor. Shows you how much credibility they gave to Lewis actually leaving..

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
WOW - Didn't expect a change in Line Up. I personally think Jenson hasn't show much speed lately. We need a somebody like Alonso to help show the rookies the pace.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
This is very eerie (for me, among others), well in that there's a public/press-op this evening w/ Checo via FOTA in downtown Austin.

More to say later, obviously...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts