McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Looks the BIZ. Very well executed. Classy.

Love the shotgun exhaust.

What shade of white is it? Looks like it has a hint of pepper.........OK with the odd smidgen of Pizzaz.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Gorgeous photos of an awesome car; well done!

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Looks great!! Glad to see one of our more enthusiastic participants on the road with this project. Those exhaust pipes look frightening.

I'm going to borrow that last pic for my FB cover photo - its a beauty.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great!! Glad to see one of our more enthusiastic participants on the road with this project. Those exhaust pipes look frightening.

I'm going to borrow that last pic for my FB cover photo - its a beauty.

>8^)
ER
It has been great watching this car evolve! I have to say though, it is still in our shop getting more done :D

I do have a video going up very soon so everyone can get a little taste of the exhaust note.

Also, if anyone would like full resolution versions of the photos, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and the image you want (by number posted).

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
289 Posts
Awesome project finally on the road in action!:cool:
I am sure Ken must be truly elated and busy driving his putt putt now:D
The MSO bumper does indeed give a positive attitude and style to the front end.:p
Congrats on the job well done!:)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It has been a joy working with these guys at Pfaff very well informed and will try and do what ever they can to accommodate you. It was a experience of a life time and would love to do it all over again, I still wish I could have had the HS rear diffuser installed and a P1 type side splitter. I'll just have to wait and see what new and exciting products MSO developed for the baby.

As for the ride I haven't driven it that much yet, although I rode it pretty hard yesterday to heat cycle the tires. So now it's resting for at least 24hours, which means she'll be out again tomorrow weather permitting. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
+1 Pfaff = awesome. They should be the only global dealer, Ron can fire the rest. Customer service solved and done with. :)

Congrats on the car ex. How did she run?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
+1 Pfaff = awesome. They should be the only global dealer, Ron can fire the rest. Customer service solved and done with. :)

Congrats on the car ex. How did she run?
She's running great 6th, I can't wait to take her out again tomorrow and let her rip or not. I must admit its really hard to try and maintain a normal level of composure specifically geared towards the break in period. Does anyone know how long this will take, reason for asking I do not have a operations manual in my car. It came with a shorten French version only, which does not outline the breaking in aspect of the vehicle. I'm going to be picking up the new extended version tomorrow, so I'm currently at a loss. Cheers....??

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
She's running great 6th, I can't wait to take her out again tomorrow and let her rip or not. I must admit its really hard to try and maintain a normal level of composure specifically geared towards the break in period. Does anyone know how long this will take, reason for asking I do not have a operations manual in my car. It came with a shorten French version only, which does not outline the breaking in aspect of the vehicle. I'm going to be picking up the new extended version tomorrow, so I'm currently at a loss. Cheers....??
600 miles ken..
Am guessing you'll have done that by the end of today.. Brakes need a little longer to be at their best.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Its been along time since I ran mine in Ken,but from what I remember its 600 miles keeping below 4000k rpm and 150mph!! Varying the rpm as much as possibly.Although a lot of owners advocate screwing her from the start as this makes for a quicker car in the end???
With you having a more free flowing exhaust I would suggest more care,but that's just me and old school respecting the drivetrain for longevity.
Enjoy at last!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pfaff has already include the link for Ken's car, here is a repost in case anyone has missed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Q8lB6wj9Q&feature=youtu.be

Great exhaust note! Very aggressive tone!;) Also enjoyed the choreography!

BTW, I love the subtle and yet purposeful stance of the car, could someone please advise how we could adjust the perch on the shock body to lower the car? Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Pfaff has already include the link for Ken's car, here is a repost in case anyone has missed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Q8lB6wj9Q&feature=youtu.be

Great exhaust note! Very aggressive tone!;) Also enjoyed the choreography!

BTW, I love the subtle and yet purposeful stance of the car, could someone please advise how we could adjust the perch on the shock body to lower the car? Thanks in advance.:)
Hey RC33 thanks for that, yes indeed I love the way the whole thing turned out as well. The car is a blast and I'm anxious to get the car going to its full potential, I don't want to go crazy due to the breaking in aspect and all.

As for the lowering of the vehicle, I could have sworn this discussion was already had and resolved, is there something I missed?? If you want PM and we can discuss further. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
289 Posts
As for the lowering of the vehicle, I could have sworn this discussion was already had and resolved, is there something I missed?? If you want PM and we can discuss further. Cheers.....??
Yes, I do remember that this topic was discussed before but I did not read any follow up unless I must have completely missed the process in another thread.:eek:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.552229928125792.148309.136787066336749&type=1#!/media/set/?set=a.552229928125792.148309.136787066336749&type=1
The above link about your ride on Pfaff's Facebook page mentioned that "Car was lowered to HS specification which works in sync with the Active suspension."

Would be glad if details can be provided on the steps needed to achieve this ideal objective.
You may PM me if it is not convenient to post it here.
Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yes, I do remember that this topic was discussed before but I did not read any follow up unless I must have completely missed the process in another thread.:eek:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.552229928125792.148309.136787066336749&type=1#!/media/set/?set=a.552229928125792.148309.136787066336749&type=1
The above link about your ride on Pfaff's Facebook page mentioned that "Car was lowered to HS specification which works in sync with the Active suspension."

Would be glad if details can be provided on the steps needed to achieve this ideal objective.
You may PM me if it is not convenient to post it here.
Thanks in advance:)
I'm going to be heading to Pfaff today or tomorrow RC33 and will find out for sure. From what I can recall is load needs to be taken of the suspension, after which the upper clip needs to be carefully removed. As the head mechanic stated you break the clip your SOL. Then the top part is to lowered, by how much not sure 25mil I think and then the clip needs to be reinserted at that point. Once again this is all from memory, not sure if that helps. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
289 Posts
Although a lot of owners advocate screwing her from the start as this makes for a quicker car in the end???
I am one of those owners who advocate screwing her from the start.:D

I would take the car on the highway at an opportune time soon after delivery. I start the break-in process by taking my time to build up the revs gradually to the limit on every gear whilst cruising at intervals. On the return route would be where I maximize every gear to its limiter.:cool:

I would then take her back to the dealer for a complete oil change.:p

I do not know if the car would be quicker in the end but I do know that I do not face any engine problems in all the cars that I have owned.... and I normally own my rides for a good 5-8 years until the next successor model is launched.:)

Doesn't the Woking factory run in the engine at maximum revs to ensure that the engine output is attained to meet the requisite power and torque target ranges before it is being signed off to be installed into the production cars?:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts