McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Armadillo panel as we all seem to call it… AKA rear circumference panel.

ECG is proud to offer Carbon Fiber Rear Circumference Panel Ventfor the MP4-12C. They are constructed of 100% pre-peg Carbon Fiber molded in an autoclave environment to achieve the most consistent weave pattern, finish and weight reduction. Additionally we have focused the high temperature issue associated with resins braking down. Normal resins will start to fail and yellow in the area of 250deg. The circumference panel vent area has a radiant temp of about 400-450deg. on average. We have processed these components with a higher temperature threshold resin as well as a protective inner coating with resistant properties of 1200deg. indirect and 800deg. direct temps. This component is designed as a direct replacement component and does not require modifications.

Please contact us direct with any interest or questions.

Glenn & David

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts

·
Vendor
17 Posts
PM sent.....

Walt,

I think it's $3200 (http://www.exoticcargear.com/mclaren-mp4-12c-carbon-fiber-refinements.htm).

Glenn / David, if there is a discount for McLarenLife members, it might be good to post it in you Sponsor section as I'm guessing a lot of guys will assume the website price is the price. If you've already posted something to your section, never mind :D

-nh4.
Correct that is our current web price. We will always do what we can to trim the price for McLaren Life members and we will also be posting some special sales in the near future. Lets face it, you guys are why we are here !! Just PM or email us direct with interest.

If there is something out there not in carbon on a 12c and we can put a small group together to offset production cost. We are always "in" to try to make it happen.

David

·
Registered
223 Posts
the MSO bumper would be nice.

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I agree. The MSO bumper would be nice and it is something on the table for a possible 2014 item. Currently we are working on molds for the rear diffuser and engine shields.

The other side is it takes a MSO bumper to make an accurate fitting bumper. While CAD renderings are close and you are not sacrificing a bumper as a cost savings. The final fitment is no the same.

We are always willing to work with members who are interested in converting parts that we don't currently produce in carbon. Our focus for an MSO style front bumper would be a full carbon that can be left as a full carbon component or finished in body color in the areas the owner uses to his/her taste.

david

·
Registered
223 Posts
I like the revosport style front bumper but I don't see any air guides. Which style would you make?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey David what is the likelihood that you would produce your CF products especially those that sit centered on the car with a V pattern. Just like they've done on the MSO front spoiler, to me that would look great on the hood, armadillo section the rear wing and of course the vents at the back. Cheers.....?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388431319.788033.jpg

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes. we can create those components in a " matched weave " if requested. The hardest would be the armadillo due to all of the profile changes and layout timing.

David

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed pics.......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts