McLaren Life banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
No installation guide will be there. But if u are familiar with tools and experienced to use them, it will be no issue.
Well, to tell you the truth, I am absolutely not familiar with tools and mechanics in general. So I think I will wisely ask my garage to install it. 馃き 馃き

Registered
MY2019 720s
Any of you guys fit these yet? Would you recommend? Easy enough to fit? Is the difference with the valves open worth it?

Registered
Yes I can really recommend this, so worth it. Sound is alot better with open flaps. Especially in track mode.

I found a way to install the controller without taking anything apart and it's easily removable that way as well. Involves a longer harnes you can order with the company. Just ask for the longer special harness which they made to my specifications.
To install you just have to pull up the rear wing all they way when the car is turned off. You need a small hand or rather long fingers after that because you have to reach in and disconnect the plugs from the actuators on each side and replace them with the ones from the controller. Then I routed the wires back to the area where the oil filler cap is. That is where I mounted thr controller. Took me about an hour to install and the controller can now be taken out in 5 minutes thanks to another set of plugs at the end of the wires.
The only hard part is to connect the plugs at the actuators as there is very little space.

After you're done don't forget to push the wing back down gently before you start.

Registered
MY2019 720s
That sounds perfect. So if your car goes into the dealer, you can remove it very quickly?

Registered
How difficult is it to install the Novitec cable to keep the stock valves permanently open? Is it similar to what has been described for the ASR unit?

Registered
Discussion Starter #50
How difficult is it to install the Novitec cable to keep the stock valves permanently open? Is it similar to what has been described for the ASR unit?
Yes, u need to get your fingers to the valves, and that is nothing for "normal" hands. For the ASR installation it was much easier to go the standard way.

Registered
It's not easy getting your hands in there. I have rather large hands with skinny long fingers and it was doable for me. If you have small hands or have your wife or kids help you it should work ;)

Registered
MY2019 720s
It's not easy getting your hands in there. I have rather large hands with skinny long fingers and it was doable for me. If you have small hands or have your wife or kids help you it should work ;)
I鈥檝e emailed ASR asking about a longer wiring harness as you suggest, but they鈥檙e not replying. Might be a language barrier?

Have you got an order confirmation or something I could use? To order the same thing? :)

Registered
I know others have successfully ordered the special harness so just email or call again and ask for the longer special "Ryan" harness.
Cost for me was 375 Euro without Vat. Not cheap but if you want to do it without taking the wheels and archers off it's well spent.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts