McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Can someone post a video of the sports exhaust with the valves always open? :)
You do realise that 720s for the USA market do NOT have valves so you are always open, both regular and sport exhausts.

The Valved exhausts are for Europe, Oz and a some other markets.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Greetings from Germany to Germany ;-)

Yes, installed by myself. Tooks me two hours or so..... At least, it's simple if u are a "Schrauber" :)
Hello ! I buy this system ASR RX1.

1) are you still happy with this product?
2) how do you mount it (I was told by removing the wheels and protections), correct?

Thanks
J.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was told by my McLaren dealer yesterday, that he doesn't recommend the plug-in remotes for the valves because they can see the modification in service and might get you in trouble in case of a warranty claim. He said the way to go is flashing the controller for the valves as they recognize this as "ok" and they can't see this with their computers. Sounds a bit unlogical to me?! Of course they could see the plug in device but they should be able to see modifications to the ECU? He also showed me a video of a customer car where in addition to controlling the flaps they tuner added loud cracks on downshifts and throttle release.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
@Jopi : Have you already installed the controller? Can you share your experience with the installation and also
if the sound improved with flaps always open?

Where do u come from in Germany?
I have it in since two months or so and the sound improved for sure.

Which dealer told u that they can see the black-box?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Is it probably this tuner?
This tuner is offering a solution and needs to be mapped in the ECU.
So u can control your valved by using Powertrain > Actice > Track
Then the valves are open.

He claimed 1000€ for that.

And as this is done by remapping the ECU, u can be sure that McLaren can see this, definately.
So in this case u can put on a tune on top, as this doesn't matter then in anyway. ;-)

·
Registered
72 Posts
@Jopi : Have you already installed the controller? Can you share your experience with the installation and also
if the sound improved with flaps always open?
Hello Guys,
Its a super product. To install it you need to remove wheels and arch. But wenn installed works very weel. The diference open/close is very important. Close is very quiet, open is loud. I recommend absolutely. No problem with Alarms on Dashboard.
J.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello Guys,
Its a super product. To install it you need to remove wheels and arch. But wenn installed works very weel. The diference open/close is very important. Close is very quiet, open is loud. I recommend absolutely. No problem with Alarms on Dashboard.
J.
I have ordered it and it's been shipped to me on Friday, so it should arrive soon.

I have a question for you: does the product comes with some detailed mounting instructions?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. 😉

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello, I Don't know… because my garage mount it. But they are Simply new connectors mounted on OEM valves connectors, so Don't worry !!

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have ordered it and it's been shipped to me on Friday, so it should arrive soon.

I have a question for you: does the product comes with some detailed mounting instructions?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. 😉

No installation guide will be there. But if u are familiar with tools and experienced to use them, it will be no issue.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts