McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
any sound clip?
what about mclaren 25hp update by 20th oct 2012, and how this going to work with your upgrade?

·
Registered
213 Posts
So for stage 1, it's just a software upgrade/modification? Is the boost from the new hp Levels or the 2012 models?

·
Owner
893 Posts
I like it, but ..... I see at the bottom of the system's description page it says: "This product man not comply with the emissions laws in some states ...."
It sounds like a nice package for off (public) road use, but my state has very strict emissions tests. It's tough enough to pass these damn tests. Will a 12C with this equipment pass the tests or .... will an owner be S.O.L. and fail to get his emission sticker ??:confused:

·
OWNER
76 Posts
HOLY S**T!!!! This is going to get very interesting!!!!

·
OWNER
76 Posts
So for stage 1, it's just a software upgrade/modification? Is the boost from the new hp Levels or the 2012 models?
I guess it is the old numbers. Look on the chart it says stock is 592 HP.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like it, but ..... I see at the bottom of the system's description page it says: "This product man not comply with the emissions laws in some states ...."
It sounds like a nice package for off (public) road use, but my state has very strict emissions tests. It's tough enough to pass these damn tests. Will a 12C with this equipment pass the tests or .... will an owner be S.O.L. and fail to get his emission sticker ??:confused:
it says it's completely removable, without leaving any trace that it was installed.
unplug-pass emissions-replug

·
Registered
97 Posts
How will the 25hp update affect/be affected by this?

Can you post instructions for the exhaust install, like on your website for other makes?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unless a typo was made somewhere, EVOMS is showing 594whp with the ECU and exhaust combo. If they are claiming 724 crank horsepower, that would be a factoring in an 18% drivetrain loss.

Claiming that high of a drivetrain loss is absurd. Unless the dyno reads 10-15% lower than it should... the numbers dont add up.

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
On my GT I installed a smaller supercharger pulley to increase boost, plus a re- map to take advantage of it. When its time for annual inspection/ emissions testing, you simply re- flash the management system by plugging in your laptop and installing the original engine map, leaving the smaller pulley in place. Then drive through a tankfull of gas and voila, it passes the test. I presume that the reversability of this package is similar.
Of course, you can always just find a "friendly" testing station, slip 'em an extra $50 and not have to bother with any of this BS! There's lots of them out there!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I guess this shows how relatively easy it will be to squeeze the extra HP from this engine for the P1, if indeed it will be the same engine.

I've done exhaust, intake and injector mods to my '09 GT-R, taking the stock 480 HP up to about 640 HP (545 at wheels). No regrets, but it's lost a little of its civility as a road car. I'd be very reluctant to mess with my 12C other than what Woking will bestow on me next month (hopefully).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but is there anyone out there that thinks
1. A stock 12C is underpowered?
2. There is something they can't do now that another 67 HP is going to help them accomplish?
3. There is something they can't do now that another 132 HP is going to help them accomplish?
IMHO, the 12C is an engineering jewel from a company of geniuses. I'd be hesitant to let strangers muck with its DNA. But that's just me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but is there anyone out there that thinks
1. A stock 12C is underpowered?
2. There is something they can't do now that another 67 HP is going to help them accomplish?
3. There is something they can't do now that another 132 HP is going to help them accomplish?
IMHO, the 12C is an engineering jewel from a company of geniuses. I'd be hesitant to let strangers muck with its DNA. But that's just me.
Horse Power is like a set of boobs. No matter what you have to play with, more always seems interesting:D.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts