McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news, McLaren have lent EVO a used 12C for a long term test. Will be great to read their thoughts over an extended test period - good on McLaren!
Papaya, as if you needed to ask.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just hope they have gone over that car well before handover as any more negative comments in the press will further hurt residuals. Mclaren have been truly appalling at managing the brand in the real world and supporting residual values. Early adopters have been truly kicked in the teeth with poor residuals, who will buy a £200k+ car that will have 35% first year depreciation, dealers that don't want to know unless your trading up and a brand that appears to be proceeding on regardless, the Iris system is a poor excuse for a car at this level from a company that sold itself on being better than the rest. Sadly I feel let down by Mclaren and won't be buying another new 12C great car poor company, I so wanted it to be different.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Lets hope they get a good one!!
EVO certainly seemed to changed its tone after the upgrades, long may it continue...

Iris isn't brilliant and I've made my complaint known about it, however I've checked and it does defer from a great drivers car.
Totally agree though that the company is a marketing disaster!! and possibly its own worst enemy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been saying this from the first day I drove the MP 4. Basically a great car, but it takes a lot of nerve to try and sell a car, that with a few options, sells for close to $300,000, yet the audio system wasn't fully developed. And for the umpteenth time, McLaren has made little effort to market the car. Lastly , it appears some of the previous contributors to this forum are no longer contributors. I suspect they've bailed out of their cars. A sad situation that need not exist.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For what it's worth, if you're criticizing IRIS you've probably never owned an F-car....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I've been saying this from the first day I drove the MP 4. Basically a great car, but it takes a lot of nerve to try and sell a car, that with a few options, sells for close to $300,000, yet the audio system wasn't fully developed. And for the umpteenth time, McLaren has made little effort to market the car. Lastly , it appears some of the previous contributors to this forum are no longer contributors. I suspect they've bailed out of their cars. A sad situation that need not exist.
Weather is good, been driving the car, no time during the day to post. ;)

Was thinking about the residuals the other day. Ferrari waited until 2012 to release their 458 Spider, maybe McLaren should have waited another year?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Have owned a F car. With the exception of the sound system and a terrific powertrain , the car was very cheaply made.
Which car? Sure you owned a Ferrari, have not seen one with a good sound system, lol. ;)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I've never seen a Ferrari with a great sound system, you don't need one you've got the engine playing all of the right notes. Cheers.....??

·
Administrator
2,737 Posts
Great news, McLaren have lent EVO a used 12C for a long term test. Will be great to read their thoughts over an extended test period - good on McLaren!
Papaya, as if you needed to ask.
I think it is a smart, great and bold move by McLaren. The fact that the EVO 12C is from the Qualified Approved Program should help residuals by proving that the upgrades put all 12Cs on equal footing. It also shows the confidence McLaren now has in the car.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think it is a smart, great and bold move by McLaren. The fact that the EVO 12C is from the Qualified Approved Program should help residuals by proving that the upgrades put all 12Cs on equal footing. It also shows the confidence McLaren now has in the car.
I hope it does improve image of the car but are all Qualified Approved Program cars going back to the factory for preparation prior to marketing through dealer network like the Evo car? I think not. Says a lot about their confidence in the car and their dealer service centers.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I hope it does improve image of the car but are all Qualified Approved Program cars going back to the factory for preparation prior to marketing through dealer network like the Evo car? I think not. Says a lot about their confidence in the car and their dealer service centers.
All manufacturers have 'Press' departments..

·
Registered
208 Posts
All manufacturers have 'Press' departments..
I thought Mclaren would be different, hope they didn't put stickier tyres and a bhp boost a la prancing pony press cars, perhaps they've sold out and decided to play the game time will tell.
oh cynical me

·
Registered
367 Posts
Frankly Porsche and Ferrari have set the bar pretty low. You can shovel your money into the maw and get little in return. A little effort from McLaren would still win the day.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I bet the QAP doesn't fix all the current idio-synchracies of the car such as parking brake popping on, hopeless satnav, door slamming, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but if Evo go into the test with a negative attitude they will find plenty to moan about. If, however, they approach the car in a positive manner, thet'll ignore the niggles and discover that its the most sensational car in its class (and above its class too) by a long way.

Regarding Ferraris, had one; loved the noise and engine, thought everything else was cheap and nasty. That was a long time ago tho'

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I wonder if Sir Harry will have another raft of changes he will recommend,over to you 6TH:D

·
Registered
289 Posts
EVO fast fleet Ferrari 458 Italia WX11 DBY has proven itself to be very reliable supercar clocking up all those long and weather-beaten miles pedalling across several European countries according to the monthly updates. This is an impressive feat for a modern day Ferrari.;)

Let's hope the 12C can deliver a comparatively viable option to prove its efficacy vis-a-vis its nemesis.:p

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I wonder if Sir Harry will have another raft of changes he will recommend,over to you 6TH:D
Probably but he doesn't have a hope of getting my $. Cancelled my subscription over a year ago and never looked back. :)

Besides they could just ask us, huh andy? Car is ----ing awesome.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Probably but he doesn't have a hope of getting my $. Cancelled my subscription over a year ago and never looked back. :)

Besides they could just ask us, huh andy? Car is ----ing awesome.
Our readership isnt quite big enough !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D. We know,but we are the enlightened few:D

1 - 20 of 101 Posts