McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! :D I am from Vancouver. I just picked my 12C spider 2 months ago. I really enjoy it and drive it carefully. But it had a problem some days before.
I haven't started the engine for just 3 weeks. That day, when I started the engine. Just after few minutes, the dash board showed "engine system fault". I shut down the engine and restart, but it was still there. So I contacted my dealer immediately. Few hours later, they replied me that it was a programming problem a lot of 12c been having and I can still drive the car until the software update. I have no idea whether it is a serious problem.
Right now, I am still waiting for the service. To be careful, I haven't driven it.
Did anyone have this problem before???:confused::confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Aye, so sorry to hear it. I haven't had this issue. I also haven't seen the issue noted in the forums before this. They should get a truck to pick up your car right quick and tend to this.

What dealer did you get this from. I'd believe the Beverly Hills or Philidelphia dealer guys. I don't have experience with other dealers. That said, I'd do what you're doing, which is not touching it. I would call and demand they pick up the car and fix this. They should be eager to do so...

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Welcome to the club. But get used to lots of these (little?) issues. :( I hope you live very close to a dealer.
Never had this issue before. Do a reset, lock and arm your car, and let it sit for an hour. Come back, start the car, and see if it is still there.

Worked with my airbrake failure alert.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aye, so sorry to hear it. I haven't had this issue. I also haven't seen the issue noted in the forums before this. They should get a truck to pick up your car right quick and tend to this.

What dealer did you get this from. I'd believe the Beverly Hills or Philidelphia dealer guys. I don't have experience with other dealers. That said, I'd do what you're doing, which is not touching it. I would call and demand they pick up the car and fix this. They should be eager to do so...

Good luck with it.
I got it from Pfaff Toronto, which is really far from me. But it seems the dealership in Vancouver will open soon. I have contacted them again and wait for their reply.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
So did you try the reset?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
You mean reset the system on the dashboard?
Shut the whole car down with the stop/start button with your foot off the brake,the tacho should cycle and the iris should shut down,this should take at least two light presses(on my early car anyway) Then lock the car and come back in a hour,sometimes it will resolve in a few minutes.The car is so full of sensors it would shut down the engine before any major damage anyway.But this usually does the trick,keep us informed :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shut the whole car down with the stop/start button with your foot off the brake,the tacho should cycle and the iris should shut down,this should take at least two light presses(on my early car anyway) Then lock the car and come back in a hour,sometimes it will resolve in a few minutes.The car is so full of sensors it would shut down the engine before any major damage anyway.But this usually does the trick,keep us informed :)
Thank you so much for your suggestion.:) I will take a try tomorrow morning! hope it goes right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts