McLaren Life banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there was excessive steaming, and that there was a warning but we weren't able to stop. The 12c stopped in the middle of the road, we're currently calling for roadside assistance but does anyone know whats going on?
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Speedometer Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
“I’m a Tuner”
1,296 Posts
"excessive steaming" and high temps commonly indicates a blown coolant hose clamp. Yes the car will go into limp mode to protect from further damage.

Keep us posted once your technician gives a formal diagnosis.

Kevin
Supercar Garage
Kennesaw GA

·
Super Moderator
“I’m a Tuner”
1,296 Posts
going to sound like a stupid question

how much oil is in the car?
The only stupid questions are the ones that are not asked.

I think knowing the oil level is a good question to ask.

Kevin
Supercar Garage
Kennesaw GA

·
Registered
559 Posts
ooff, I had exactly the same thing. sucks ass. My car didnt get as hot as that though, everyone should replace with silicone piping and be done with that, this pipe is under a lot of stress and it will only happen again unfortunately

·
Registered
8 Posts
ooff, I had exactly the same thing. sucks ass. My car didnt get as hot as that though, everyone should replace with silicone piping and be done with that, this pipe is under a lot of stress and it will only happen again unfortunately
Which pipe is this? Mind posting that process and which silicone hose to get? Certainly looks like it’s easy enough to get to and OP already had updated clamps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts