McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is back from annual service

and my dealer told me that MCL recommend the replacement of this part each service ?

price 770 €

is it true ?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I have not heard of such a thing, how much mileage do you currently have on your vehicle? I will find out from my Dealer once you provide the mileage. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
From what I've been told by my dealership, it is recommended but not required. I'm currently waiting on the cost for this, the 1st regular schedule maintenance cost. I was quoted was $800.00cdn not sure if this price includes the Symposer. Cheers....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Well I just received confirmation that the total cost for the first service including the Symposer is $1250.00cdn plus our 13% HST tax. So if the price you indicated includes the service and the Symposer then the cost is cheaper then here in Canada. So translation is €770 x €1.32 = $1015.00cdn I'm moving to Europe if that price is for the complete service. Cheers...??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
my car is back from annual service

and my dealer told me that MCL recommend the replacement of this part each service ?

price 770 €

is it true ?
Part of the isg Gallardo,the service in the UK averages around £1200 with transport to and from the dealership,on the invoice the part was £160 and is also recommened to have at each service,sounds to me like some sort of seal that only has a limited life for letting the sound into the cabin,unless anyone has any other ideas??

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I can imagine the integrity of the seal prevents polluted air leaking into the cabin and making the driver more light headed than normal.

It's back to Tony Blairs Health and Safety legislation so extra caution on a part that would last 10 yaers in the Thatcher era.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
According to my service adviser at McLaren, this is a direct quote which I cut and pasted. See the following. Cheers....?? The intake generator that allows you to control the exhaust sound inside the vehicle, they recommend to change it as it can get build up. Usually its fine depending on the mileage that's why we usually leave them.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the detail of the invoice :

840 € (vat include 19.6%) for service (without oil)
oil + oil filter+wiperblade+hvac cabin filter for around 296 €
engine symposer throttle 770 €

so 1906 €

no transport, it's for us... (and we ve got in France only one point of sale)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts

so 1906 €

Needs more investigation Gallardo,i think you were overcharged 600 euros for the part!!:confused:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

so 1906 €

I will do some more investigating for you concerning the cost differences, if you would like? Cheers....??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts