McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear members,
I just bought a 675LT Spider. I noticed the engine area has some insulation where the cover seems to have either burned off or receded.
Is this normal?
Please see pictures.
20200208_092447.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, definitely not normal. Mine currently shows absolutely no sign of wear or degradation in these areas. Sorry to see it on your car, frankly. Especially on what looks to be my car's twin.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
You can fix it with "flat black" spray paint and it will look 100% better. Just be sure to mask off all the other areas around it before you spray.

I had similar yellow spots on my car that was rubbed from the underside of the Carbon Fiber engine bay panels (I run my car with them removed). Here is a picture below of the area after I painted it, sorry I did not take any pictures of the ugly yellow spots before the repair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can fix it with "flat black" spray paint and it will look 100% better. Just be sure to mask off all the other areas around it before you spray.

I had similar yellow spots on my car that was rubbed from the underside of the Carbon Fiber engine bay panels (I run my car with them removed). Here is a picture below of the area after I painted it, sorry I did not take any pictures of the ugly yellow spots before the repair.

View attachment 199395
Thank you. That may be the way to go. Appreciate it.
I also agree with the previous poster that it could have been a pressure washer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts