McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to have a guess which car won? Go on ... Have a wild stab. ... You might just get lucky....

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
991gt3? Or the Alpha if it was included.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alfa was low think 10th which I have to read why as I would love one...
Gt3 wins.... I was so surprised ..... Er... Not...

I suppose to be fair only real competition F12. Need to read about the Alfa though.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two many elements unfinished and unfit for purpose regarding the Alfa... Laggy and lethargic engine... Not as effervescent as the mini, not as polished as a cayman. Am very sad.. Still need to drive it as one day I suspect I may love it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Included this month is PaulB discussing his P1 along with the team alongside the P1 at the ring...

GT3 wins.. as expected but reading the article it won via the averages with only 2 putting it as the winner..

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Past performance no indicator of future performance doesn't really apply with respect to gt3s in the ecoty but equally they have been rather good cars....

After the strong performance of the boxster last year it's a surprise to see the Cayman so low this year (7th?).

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Two many elements unfinished and unfit for purpose regarding the Alfa... Laggy and lethargic engine... Not as effervescent as the mini, not as polished as a cayman. Am very sad.. Still need to drive it as one day I suspect I may love it.
Sounds like an advert for RIC and me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Past performance no indicator of future performance doesn't really apply with respect to gt3s in the ecoty but equally they have been rather good cars....

After the strong performance of the boxster last year it's a surprise to see the Cayman so low this year (7th?).
Mind you didn't think you were a fan of the latest ones so perhaps reality setting in for them?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Laggy and lethargic after a weekend in Stockholm. I always get reminded why the Swedish drink like fish when traveling in foreign lands......more expensive than Zermatt by a mile

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Another life event in Stockholm. Last visit we were having dinner in a theatre/hotel/club/bar complex called the Rival.......decent dinner when a bearded chap came over dressed casually and asked if everything was OK.

So I said it was and asked why he was interested. 'Oh, I own the facilities and like to check how things are when I'm in Town"

'Oh, that's good of you but you don't look like a Hotel owner'

'No, I compose songs and music for a living'

' Interesting, who for'

' Abba mainly but I also write shows'

' Oh, I thought Abba composed their own material'

' Yes, we did'

Fits of laughter all round as we shuck hands

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Another life event in Stockholm. Last visit we were having dinner in a theatre/hotel/club/bar complex called the Rival.......decent dinner when a bearded chap came over dressed casually and asked if everything was OK.

So I said it was and asked why he was interested. 'Oh, I own the facilities and like to check how things are when I'm in Town"

' Interesting, who for'

' Yes, we did'

Again RIC,he must have aged as badly us :D
Did you get him to do a little ditty ;)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
He very pleasant and easy going in a Swedish kind of way. The tennis racket threw me a bit.

I did tell him that many of us still live in the Abba era and that they had a huge influence on fashion, lol.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Mind you didn't think you were a fan of the latest ones so perhaps reality setting in for them?
Agree, I didn't think a lot of the 981 I have to admit but was more surprised by the lack of consistency in results. Boxster from a close 2nd last year to Cayman at 7th seemed a bit odd.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

' Interesting, who for'

' Yes, we did'

Benny or bjorn? If Benny perhaps we should arrange a reconciliation. You bring Benny I'll bring Anna frid....
Why does it always turn to abba?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
You can take a chance on me!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts