McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very enjoyable race! Let's hear it for the Canadian in the Canadian made Chinook!
CA-NA-DA! CA-NA-DA...!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here I was thinking it was something that had just happened, but that's from 2 years ago. Don't get me wrong it's still good to see what a Canadian can do behind the wheel of a car, just like the late great Gilles Villeneuve and yes he was driving a Ferrari lets not hold that against him. LMFAO���� Cheers....����
And the car was 'Fabrique au Canada', too. Built in T.O.

As for Gilles, I believe his first F1 test was in a McLaren so I guess we could let the 'Ferrari thing' slide.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
And the car was 'Fabrique au Canada', too. Built in T.O.

As for Gilles, I believe his first F1 test was in a McLaren so I guess we could let the 'Ferrari thing' slide.
We should hook up sometime MPB if your in the immediate area, Woodbridge and I'm not talking the wine. Cheers....??

·
Registered
380 Posts
Very enjoyable. The red Lola was one of two chassis that the very great John Surtees used to win the first Can-AM series in 1966. After the final race of that season in Las Vegas, the newer of the two winning cars sat in a small mechanic garage shop in Redondo Beach, California that eventually went bankrupt and had the assets sold off to pay debts. I don't know if the car was part of the bankrupt estate, but I remember looking at it at that time and marveling. I know both chassis were restored and we saw one of them in that video.

The Chinook looks very Chaparral-esq to me. (See below.) If you're going to copy someone, might as well copy the best.

Thanks for posting the link. It was a great bit of history and nostalgia.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Sounds good. Let me know.
So MPB are you currently driving your beautiful car??? I was at Pfaff today trying to put some final touches on my vehicle. Well I'm hoping to have the vehicle ready and out on the road within the month. Chances are I will be there at the beginning of next week, so let me know if there's a particular time and day and we may be able to hook up. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So MPB are you currently driving your beautiful car??? I was at Pfaff today trying to put some final touches on my vehicle. Well I'm hoping to have the vehicle ready and out on the road within the month. Chances are I will be there at the beginning of next week, so let me know if there's a particular time and day and we may be able to hook up. Cheers....����
I wish my car was as beautiful as yours but I don't own a 12c although I plan on owning a McLaren one day. It's been a dream of mine for a very, very long time. I own an old-school 1987 944 turbo with some goodies under the hood but there is a small matter of a fuel leak that I need to attend too before I drive it this year. I miss her! I bet you're excited about getting your car on the road.

I'm good for Monday to Wednesday next week afternoons or evenings.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I wish my car was as beautiful as yours but I don't own a 12c although I plan on owning a McLaren one day. It's been a dream of mine for a very, very long time. I own an old-school 1987 944 turbo with some goodies under the hood but there is a small matter of a fuel leak that I need to attend too before I drive it this year. I miss her! I bet you're excited about getting your car on the road.

I'm good for Monday to Wednesday next week afternoons or evenings.
Hey theres nothing wrong with dreaming, I'm always in a bit of dream stasis. I will keep you posted as to when I'm planning on dropping into the Pfaff Tuning shop. Chances are it will be Tuesday afternoon it's looking like a great day. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey theres nothing wrong with dreaming, I'm always in a bit of dream stasis. I will keep you posted as to when I'm planning on dropping into the Pfaff Tuning shop. Chances are it will be Tuesday afternoon it's looking like a great day. Cheers.....����
Ok, sounds good. You bringing the car home?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ditto!! Thanks MPB that was awesome. Gawd those cars look good; sometimes I feel I was born in the wrong era.
Yup. It seemed like every race car was beautiful at that time. The shape of those Lola's are just about perfect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's inflicting his son and his opinions on us I hold against him :p I like your user name by the way! My initials too :D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ok, sounds good. You bringing the car home?
No not as of yet, hoping to finalize things to be done on my baby. Waiting on responses concerning MSO parts that I would like to add onto the the car. On top of which I'm going to get all of the swooshes inside and out replaced to CF black, install matt black skin on the back to replicate the look of the HS car. Last but not least try and reduce the weight at all four corners of the car, which will entail replacing the current rims already installed. Replacing them with a set of ADV.5.2.1SL in a blackish grey colour. Then making sure that they are .5" wider at the front and 1" wider on the rear and pushing the rears out to the max. So the thing that will delay things are the rims and tires, which may take another 6 weeks. ?? Cheers.....??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts