McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was at E3, and it kind of became an auto show. The MP4 was in a zillion games. The P1 is featured in the new Forenza game (I believe--it's somewhat of a blur).

But I saw some nice cars in person too. They had a GTR that was a bit over done, so I didn't bother snapping a shot. A v10R8 in the parking lot. Then the new Corvette, which looked amazing in person (not a photogenic car); I think it looks pretty close to the F12. And, they had the P1 there.

Let me put it bluntly. In photos, the P1 just looks ugly to my eye. In person the car is astounding. Just amazing. I don't know why that is, but it is.

You have to see this thing in person. It is unreal. I'm not sure I can ever see this car as a daily driver. Even if it is tame to drive every day, it would be kind of like walking into work with your own orchestra, marching band, and choir singing a personal sound track. Insanely epic. There can never not be a sense of occasion driving that car. Moreover, considering how few will be made, it's hard not to see it as a great investment. Gorgeous, gorgeous car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the new Corvette's look ...... it just needs larger wheels; because they don't fill up the wheel wells enough.
:)
I think they get larger in the z51 configuration. They make good track cars to beat around, but have a bit of a learning curve. The tail cuts loose easily and doesn't offer Porsche/Ferrari levels of steer feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts