McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While guessing and theory is great and all, has anyone actually done real world testing drag racing with different suspension settings? I may try it when the track opens up again but cycle time varies a lot, anywhere from 15 minutes to over an hour. Alternatively, I have some ideas for some videos where I'd have to rent a track to have consistent testing anyway.

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Chicane Effect
117 Posts
Yes, Brooks from DragTines has done many 1/4 mike runs with almost, if not all the McLarens.

·
Registered
500 Posts
And those results are.......
May want to watch some of his videos. There is one video (and more) where he launches with each different setting and discusses which is the best. Can’t recall which video or the actual results but worth watching them for yourself.

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May want to watch some of his videos. There is one video (and more) where he launches with each different setting and discusses which is the best. Can’t recall which video or the actual results but worth watching them for yourself.
I've watched many of the videos over the years, and it's no coincidence as to why I'm here asking. He's uploaded 1,060 videos, it's not conceivable to go through them to find 1 video where it shows what was done.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've watched many of the videos over the years, and it's no coincidence as to why I'm here asking. He's uploaded 1,060 videos, it's not conceivable to go through them to find 1 video where it shows what was done.
Shoot him a PM. he is on here all the time.

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Chicane Effect
117 Posts
Let's see, I did a google search of "best settings to launch your McLaren" and this was the top hit:

This setup is true for any of the Mac's, (Powertrain: Track, Suspension: Sport, ESC: all the way off) and Brook's user name here is fiksegts if you want to send him a message.

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's see, I did a google search of "best settings to launch your McLaren" and this was the top hit:

This setup is true for any of the Mac's, (Powertrain: Track, Suspension: Sport, ESC: all the way off) and Brook's user name here is fiksegts if you want to send him a message.
I searched using a different term, and I was searching specifically for the P11 platform cars maybe too. That is useful, though I should also mention I've talked to Brooks before specifically about completely disabling ESC and he instructed me to NOT do it with PS4S's and warned me even with R888's it can be a handful and to be cautious. In stock form it can be OK but not with the mods I have.

All that being said I've always launched in track/track and haven't had traction issues till my tires need replaced. I've never measured performance though, so I'll give suspension in sport a shot and see how it feels even on these tires before I replace them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts