McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Yea, something wrong there. Barring some driver error (or the chocolate transmission melting in the Lamborghini), the aventador should be faster, no?

·
Owner
166 Posts
Made the McLaren look like it was standing still...
We did rolling starts in all gears, and the Aventador would pull a car length every second.

I was driving the McLaren, and my PA was driving the Aventador.

·
Owner
166 Posts
I ran my Murci Roadster for nearly 4 years with out any trouble (except the roof poppers popping at over 120mph)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
To think that the car in the video had turned into this thing leaves me wondering how "stock" it was.

Not sure if this was the same car but you can see it in the video that the 12C had decals but no bodykit installed.:p

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We did rolling starts in all gears, and the Aventador would pull a car length every second.

Have you tried swapping cars?:rolleyes:

FWIW, Rolling starts may yield different results but I am not sure.:eek:

Maybe you are better at launching the cars:D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Wonder how they get the que to launch? Seems the Mac had the jump ....also aventador didn't do launch
Every owner would optimize their cars to yield the the best results in a situation like this, the 12C definitely came out leading the pack:D

The 12C was fitted with Stickier Pirellis:p

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

Is the Aventador modded?

edit:
nvm, supposed to be "heavily modified" to 900 hp. Doubt that figure but explains the rolling starts results

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Love those videos where you can't see the finish line. Aventador faster than the new upgraded 12C? Doubt it. Show us the videos.

·
Registered
551 Posts
That aventador was no really high revving so don't think it was a real race

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I can't say that I was impressed by that video what so ever, it looked like the guy in the Aventador was sleeping behind the wheel. Cheers....??

·
Owner
277 Posts
I can't say that I was impressed by that video what so ever, it looked like the guy in the Aventador was sleeping behind the wheel. Cheers....??
I have nothing to say about that race except in every race from the line it always looks like the McLaren leaves first, it is because of the launch control and light weight. Even the Aventador with its all wheel drive using its launch control will not pull out on the 12C from the line. With Corsa tires or other soft tires the 12c will go 0-60 in 2.8 or faster every time. That is hard to beat off the line. If you look on the net at every race every time it looks like the other car just leaves late. The 12c is a jack rabbit off the line.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts