McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Any specific thing you want to know ?

The car tested in sportauto had the full roll cage, recaro pole position, 6-pt harness, a mechanical limited slip differential (Drexler if i remember correctly) plus pirelli trofeo tires.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the car is faster at the hockenheim short by 0.7 sec

but it is a customer tuned car vs factory press car (std)

but what about the LSD ? is it truly useful?, the car was developped without.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Personally, I don't think the performance gain is worth the money.
0.7s at Hockenheim is not too shaby, but I would mostly write this off to the better tires (trofeo r).

We can further discuss in detail at the ring event if you like.

As for warranty, you would have to ask. IMO even if Doerr Motorsport is an official McLaren dealership, I don't see how the modifications would not (at least partially) void the warranty.

Prices:

LSD = 12'500€
Full Cage (power coated, including saddler work) = 14'900€
Suspension Optimization = 2250€
Set of Recaro Pole Position (leather/alcantara) = 4400€

So full conversion w/o trofeo r's at around ~35K€.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
179 Posts
my 2013 spider,

Personally, I don't think the performance gain is worth the money.
0.7s at Hockenheim is not too shaby, but I would mostly write this off to the better tires (trofeo r).

We can further discuss in detail at the ring event if you like.

As for warranty, you would have to ask. IMO even if Doerr Motorsport is an official McLaren dealership, I don't see how the modifications would not (at least partially) void the warranty.

Prices:

LSD = 12'500€
Full Cage (power coated, including saddler work) = 14'900€
Suspension Optimization = 2250€
Set of Recaro Pole Position (leather/alcantara) = 4400€

So full conversion w/o trofeo r's at around ~35K€.
is 0.5 s a lap faster than the standard factory testcar around any given track, as long as a pro racedriver drives it in the dry conditions and not let h von s drive it!

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
any specific thing you want to know ?

The car tested in sportauto had the full roll cage, recaro pole position, 6-pt harness, a mechanical limited slip differential (drexler if i remember correctly) plus pirelli trofeo tires.
the car is faster at the hockenheim short by 0.7 sec

but it is a customer tuned car vs factory press car (std)

but what about the lsd ? Is it truly useful?, the car was developped without.
thank god for a bloody slippy diff
perhaps now i can turn everything off and still feel what the bloody car is doing more accurately !!!!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Only half a sec faster on Trofeo R? Sounds to me like they made the car worse. From my discussions with McLaren, yes those tires may void your warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
That sounds like a shit load of money for minimal gains, as they say whatever floats your boat. Cheers....??
Which speaks volumes about what the car needs to be taken to the track or to a business meeting.

Once again the myth vs reality on just how great the MP4 is when it exits the factory.

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
but what about the brake steer with a lsd ?
Interesting point .
I know the new Porsches ( and I think Ferrari ) basically have a mechanical diff with torque vectoring ( a form of brake steer ) . However they have it with the diff being controlled electronically and it's a factory fitment , giving the best of both worlds IMO . Mac need to catch up here , sad to hear the p1 is also diff less .

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Interesting point .
I know the new Porsches ( and I think Ferrari ) basically have a mechanical diff with torque vectoring ( a form of brake steer ) . However they have it with the diff being controlled electronically and it's a factory fitment , giving the best of both worlds IMO . Mac need to catch up here , sad to hear the p1 is also diff less .
To me the fact it isn't on the P1 still seems they don't feel they need it for the application, vs a lack of development competency. Maybe it would provide better feel, but if it adds weight and doesn't improve the lap time, I doubt it fits their credo.

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
To me the fact it isn't on the P1 still seems they don't feel they need it for the application, vs a lack of development competency. Maybe it would provide better feel, but if it adds weight and doesn't improve the lap time, I doubt it fits their credo.
And that , my friend , right there , in a nutshell , perfectly illustrates why we will NEVER be as good as Ferrari or Porsche in the eyes of the press and majority of car enthusiasts .
For them " feel " and " fun " mean at least as much if not more than laptimes alone , Mclaren need to be able to ( and could easily ) do both to win in the end . A road car is not just a race car .
I even dispute it doesnt improve the laptime ( with tc disabled ) . f1 cars with brake steer had it in CONJUNCTION with a slippy . Cant we have the option at least ?

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
And that , my friend , right there , in a nutshell , perfectly illustrates why we will NEVER be as good as Ferrari or Porsche in the eyes of the press and majority of car enthusiasts .
For them " feel " and " fun " mean at least as much if not more than laptimes alone , Mclaren need to be able to ( and could easily ) do both to win in the end . A road car is not just a race car .
I even dispute it doesnt improve the laptime ( with tc disabled ) . f1 cars with brake steer had it in CONJUNCTION with a slippy . Cant we have the option at least ?
Oh dear, I said feel but I didn't say anything about fun! The 12C is the most fun car I've ever driven.

Press? I'm pretty sure perhaps the most widely read journalist in the world (douche though that I think he is) just proclaimed the 12C Spider the equal of the very best there is in the 458 and we are only in year two! And all the new owners cropping up here every day after owning and driving Ferraris and Porsches - are they not enthusiasts? Did they all drive the McLaren and find it lacking in fun compared to the competition, but decided to shell out their hard earned dough anyway? Were so many journalists and owners bemoaning the lack of an LSD, yet somehow more intake sound and a door button made it to the top of the list instead? And still the P1 doesn't have it??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts