McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IRIS backlighting

Has anyone noticed whether the backlighting on their IRIS display automatically dims in low light conditions? I am beginning to think there may be a specific problem with mine as it continues to floodlight the interior of the car at night and is extremely distracting.

I have raised this a number of times with McLaren London over the last year or so and have also posted it as being one of the things I was hoping would be addressed on the forum, but I now realise I am about the only one really banging on about this as being an ongoing issue.

I think I may have spotted the problem, as my Doris display briefly dimmed this evening whilst I was out in the car and then reverted almost immediately to full floodlight mode again, so I now suspect it is supposed to have a light sensitive dimming function that may not be working on my particular unit.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Has anyone noticed whether the backlighting on their Doris display automatically dims in low light conditions? I am beginning to think there may be a specific problem with mine as it continues to floodlight the interior of the car at night and is extremely distracting.

I have raised this a number of times with McLaren London over the last year or so and have also posted it as being one of the things I was hoping would be addressed on the forum, but I now realise I am about the only one really banging on about this as being an ongoing issue.

I think I may have spotted the problem, as my Doris display briefly dimmed this evening whilst I was out in the car and then reverted almost immediately to full floodlight mode again, so I now suspect it is supposed to have a light sensitive dimming function that may not be working on my particular unit.
Isn't it called IRIS or do they call it Doris in the UK???? Cheers.....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Doris is her functionally impaired sister!
Seems you have a problem!,or have found the long lost middle sister Mavis!!
I was also getting a little confused with my temp readings on the doors fading so much I couldn't read them,so I think my light sensitive settings are going too far the other way,so hopefully they might be adjustable someway ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts