McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Owner
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you do when you drive up and pick someone up, how do they know how to get in the car. Do you put down the window on the passenger side and yell over instructions how to swipe the door and not know if it is just not working like half the time or maybe they don't have there hand in the correct place, or just reach over and pop there door and then yell to them to lift and step out of the way.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Not that I drive up to pick someone up - I think it's illegal around here for doing that ;)

But I lean across and unlatch the door for guests- and even sometimes my Mrs :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
If time permits, I get out and show them how to do it. Because it's awesome.

If not, i just lean over and open the door

·
Registered
560 Posts
i wouldnt want anyone (especially female) trying to swipe the door. between jewelry, rings etc you will have scratches before you know it.
just lean over and pop or use your key fob.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm the more lazy one and wait till her face changes and then lean over to release the door. The first 30min are a quit drive and you can more enjoy the engine noise. After that the usual rattle starts all over

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
If time permits, I get out and show them how to do it. Because it's awesome.

If not, i just lean over and open the door
Exactly, I am very picky how people get into my cars, don't want the bolsters all mucked up, nor hand prints all over the doors, so I help everyone in and out. I am the only person that ever closed or opens any of the doors from the outside.

·
Owner
893 Posts
There is no such mystery with a 2013MY ...... a passenger just depresses the little rubber pad 'thingy', and their door would pop open.;)
However, since I'm even more picky than Markjayw ...... I take no passengers ! :D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
There is no such mystery with a 2013MY ...... a passenger just depresses the little rubber pad 'thingy', and their door would pop open.;)
However, since I'm even more picky than Markjayw ...... I take no passengers ! :D
Holly cow you guys are way to anal, how can you enjoy yourself if your constantly worry about these things. So how do you go out in public, and where do you park your beautiful cars. I don't mean to get personal but do you guys have any hair on your heads with all of this worrying about your cars. ?? Cheers.....??

·
Owner
893 Posts
Holly cow you guys are way to anal, how can you enjoy yourself if your constantly worry about these things. So how do you go out in public, and where do you park your beautiful cars. I don't mean to get personal but do you guys have any hair on your heads with all of this worrying about your cars. ?? Cheers.....??
'Hair on head' ?? ....... I think I remember that stuff in the 1970's.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
'Hair on head' ?? ....... I think I remember that stuff in the 1970's.:rolleyes:
That's hilarious LimeyBloke and I don't mean any disrespect concerning the lack of hair or for that matter anal tendencies. Yes I think we all have are own idiosyncrasies, I won't be sharing any of mine at this point and time. Cheers......??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Holly cow you guys are way to anal, how can you enjoy yourself if your constantly worry about these things. So how do you go out in public, and where do you park your beautiful cars. I don't mean to get personal but do you guys have any hair on your heads with all of this worrying about your cars. ���� Cheers.....����
Have you even driven your car yet? It only takes 60 seconds, so no worries at all. ;)

·
Owner
893 Posts
That's hilarious LimeyBloke and I don't mean any disrespect concerning the lack of hair or for that matter anal tendencies. Yes I think we all have are own idiosyncrasies, I won't be sharing any of mine at this point and time. Cheers......??
Ken, you know I'm only kidding you.
LOL, I have a right to be anally gun-shy ....... I showed you what was done to my brand new car already. :mad:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ken, you know I'm only kidding you.
LOL, I have a right to be anally gun-shy ....... I showed you what was done to my brand new car already. :mad:
Yes I figured that was the case, as for the latter admittedly I would be totally peeved if that happened to me, I hope everything works out for you concerning that matter. Cheers....??

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'll let the passenger try for 2 or 3 swipes:
If it does not open, I'll reach over and pop the lever and release the door. and explain the stealth 'anti theft' feature:D as well as to ward off any uninvited passengers.:rolleyes:
If it does open, I'll compliment on their ability and grace.:p

·
Owner
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i wouldnt want anyone (especially female) trying to swipe the door. between jewelry, rings etc you will have scratches before you know it.
just lean over and pop or use your key fob.
The key fob seems to only pop the driver door how do you use the key fob to pop passenger door?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The key fob seems to only pop the driver door how do you use the key fob to pop passenger door?
Hold down the button for 3 seconds on the passenger door will then open.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Does that work with engine running? Too lazy to try tonight :eek:
Not sure about with engine running. You will have to try it out and see. Or just reach over and pull the latch lever.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts