McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced the doors not fully popping open ( past the secondary latch ) when its cold out? I have been told that the pistons do not provide enough energy when it gets below 35 degrees. Between that and the seals being harder when its cold it takes a few times attempting to open the doors to get them fully unlatched to open.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Have you had the revised door latch hardware fitted? No problem since this hardware was fitted.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Has anyone experienced the doors not fully popping open ( past the secondary latch ) when its cold out? I have been told that the pistons do not provide enough energy when it gets below 35 degrees. Between that and the seals being harder when its cold it takes a few times attempting to open the doors to get them fully unlatched to open.
nfs13 I thinks it's time for you to move further south away from the frigid PA weather. LOL.....?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Never heard of that problem.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Have you tried just using the fob at those temps ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried using the fob and I get the same weak pop that only unlatches the first level. Also, had the new latch put on last week. The McLaren Tech said its common in colder weather? After 4 or 5 tries is starts working so I guess I will chalk it up as a minor annoyance, especially since it really will not see the road below 40 anyway. And yes, time to move south! Not sure how you handle the weather up there?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Tried using the fob and I get the same weak pop that only unlatches the first level. Also, had the new latch put on last week. The McLaren Tech said its common in colder weather? After 4 or 5 tries is starts working so I guess I will chalk it up as a minor annoyance, especially since it really will not see the road below 40 anyway. And yes, time to move south! Not sure how you handle the weather up there?
I won't be driving my car in the cold weather❄ nfs13, it's strictly going to be my summer beater which should start from mid April through to mid Oct. After which I'll be parking the car as soon as the temps drop below 10C, or should I say 50F for our neighbors of the south. Hey before you know it spring will be here followed by the hot temps ☀ of summer. ?? Cheers....??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts