McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
I was rather disappointed at first. I enjoyed the uniqueness of the swipe sensor. However it was a difficulty to some and roundly ridiculed in the press. I had no problems with it and the buttons on the current remote have the ability to actually unlatch either door on command. So even for those to whom a "swipe" gesture is still alien, you can unlatch the door for them remotely.

However the new button allows a more populist approach. The sensor, on occasion, had an issue on rainy days. So I am of two minds about it.

When pushed, I'd rather have the swipe. One of my indulgences are valets. I so enjoy bringing in a super car or two for them to park in the "marquee" spot out front. The quick overview I have to give them is part of the experience for me. And the less jaded ones(read: not jerk-offs) tend to enjoy a new and seldom seen car.

During school years, I often worked as a valet for beer money. I appreciated when lofty sorts spoke to me kindly and with a modicum of respect. I guess I have a soft spot for them. And we are all car buffs. To a one. Oh...and hot mom buffs. Especially in short skirts. But I digress, as usual...

Yes my other half has banned skirts in the Mac. The Fezza was slightly more accommodating. Now there's an idea for a NSFW thread. I wonder if there are valet forums...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I was rather disappointed at first. I enjoyed the uniqueness of the swipe sensor. However it was a difficulty to some and roundly ridiculed in the press. I had no problems with it and the buttons on the current remote have the ability to actually unlatch either door on command. So even for those to whom a "swipe" gesture is still alien, you can unlatch the door for them remotely.

However the new button allows a more populist approach. The sensor, on occasion, had an issue on rainy days. So I am of two minds about it.

When pushed, I'd rather have the swipe. One of my indulgences are valets. I so enjoy bringing in a super car or two for them to park in the "marquee" spot out front. The quick overview I have to give them is part of the experience for me. And the less jaded ones(read: not jerk-offs) tend to enjoy a new and seldom seen car.

During school years, I often worked as a valet for beer money. I appreciated when lofty sorts spoke to me kindly and with a modicum of respect. I guess I have a soft spot for them. And we are all car buffs. To a one. Oh...and hot mom buffs. Especially in short skirts. But I digress, as usual...

Yes my other half has banned skirts in the Mac. The Fezza was slightly more accommodating. Now there's an idea for a NSFW thread. I wonder if there are valet forums...
Yes,i agree with everything you say Walt,especially my wife saying she;s not to catch me wearing a skirt again :eek:

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I think that's how it ended up being there in the first place.. ;)

It's a rubber finish, so not sure how they'd colour it up...
Yep Gary,the first few 100 customers filled out forms,im not sure if this is still done,but as I;ve said before it was a majority gripe,but the majority of customers are whats needed to keep a company afloat ,not the enthusiasts unfortunatly

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I'm extremely happy that I do not have that little black rubber thingy on the underside of my car door. Haven't be driving the car very long but have yet to experience any issues with this invisible door opening thing a ma bob. It was a invisible piece of McLaren that was truly unique and innovative, which is no longer available, which in my mind is truly unfortunate. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am with xtreme - the swipe works fine for me and for guests the fob opens the passenger side and it is a pity that car now has a rubber-covered switch like my Z06, only this one is more visible. Let's make the doors conventional and sills lower and seats softer and wider while we are at it.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Well for me Limey no disrespect, I love the car and that little buttonless extra just adds to it ( I hate buttons which is why I only wear T-shirts ?) and yes it's really important that them there doors do open. LOL??. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm extremely happy that I do not have that little black rubber thingy on the underside of my car door. Haven't be driving the car very long but have yet to experience any issues with this invisible door opening thing a ma bob. It was a invisible piece of McLaren that was truly unique and innovative, which is no longer available, which in my mind is truly unfortunate. Cheers.....����
Totally agree! And it helps that me and the wife never had an issue with them, knock wood!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts