McLaren Life banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for a new or used 720s with a full Alcantara interior / zero-leather. Some of the used ones I see have mostly what I want, but have a leather steering wheel, or leather seats.

If I have the dealer swap them out with factory replacements, does that decrease the future value of the car? In the past with my 1970 Mach 1, it seemed that "numbers matching factory original" was a big deal for the value. Is having different seats than the original window sticker shows something I should really be concerned about when it comes to future resale?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I don't think that is an issue with factory changed parts ... the matching numbers, matching colors etc with historic cars seems to be a fetish by some collectors that quiet recently became a more universal madness ... however Talacrest for example had a wonderful red 250 SWB California Spider some months ago he just could not sell ... changing it to non original grey and the car sold within days ... and that is another magnitude of change than some interior components ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts