McLaren Life banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
720s Spider
34 Posts
I have a 2020 Spider and if you press the middle button on the fob for 5 seconds, it should go down. I confirmed this prior to pick up from the dealer due to this community so thanks so much!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes I’ve tried that and it doesn’t operate the top. Supposedly it has to be programmed to work but my dealership doesn’t know how.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
All I can say is it didn't work for me on numerous tries and then one day trying to lock and unlock the doors repeatedly it started to work...
I'd say give that a try ...

·
Registered
507 Posts
All I can say is it didn't work for me on numerous tries and then one day trying to lock and unlock the doors repeatedly it started to work...
I'd say give that a try ...
When was your car built? I just had my car in for service and asked they try to program it again and they told me my car doesn't have the right software/hardware for the top to work. Yet the other owner on here who's top works with the key was built within the same time frame... March/April 2019. It doesn't make sense!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Now I feel like it’s a tease. Does anyone know why some cars remote won’t operate the top and some will???

·
Registered
304 Posts
He clearly had his car in lock position before attempting to open roof, pointing out the obvious I know but easy step to miss.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
When was your car built? I just had my car in for service and asked they try to program it again and they told me my car doesn't have the right software/hardware for the top to work. Yet the other owner on here who's top works with the key was built within the same time frame... March/April 2019. It doesn't make sense!!
My car was finished end of March 2020

·
Registered
32 Posts
If there anyway we can contact Mclaren directly to get an answer to this?

My dealer told me only cars made in 2020 can do it. But I’m not sure it’s correct.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If there anyway we can contact Mclaren directly to get an answer to this?

My dealer told me only cars made in 2020 can do it. But I’m not sure it’s correct.
Well that's clearly not true since we have members here with spiders built in 2019 that have that option working.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Class Action Lawsuit !

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
i did, filed a complaint after 6 months of COVID excuses they told me tough Luck. So let me know cause a Class Action Lawsuit may be the only to get their attention. Its in my owners manual, i have a tech bulletin and have numerous attempts , and a filed case with MCL NA i was told its not on my window sticker so its not a option. yep after 6 months this was the best they could come up with :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
i did, filed a complaint after 6 months of COVID excuses they told me tough Luck. So let me know cause a Class Action Lawsuit may be the only to get their attention. Its in my owners manual, i have a tech bulletin and have numerous attempts , and a filed case with MCL NA i was told its not on my window sticker so its not a option. yep after 6 months this was the best they could come up with :)

That’s very disappointing service. If there is a problem as to why some cars can’t do it they should tell us why and then let’s figure out a work around. I had a smart top on my 650 and loved it. But no one is making anything aftermarket for the 720 top so we’re kinda screwed.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts