McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 19+ cars still having the same gimmicky issues like the older cars? such as not recognising keys in the car?

I know the lift is now one touch but what about the other annoying quirks?

Cheers

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a 18 720S and have no issues and never have so maybe its hit or miss?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
My 2018 570 spider doesn’t have issues often either. Occasional “tuner not found” (just need to hard reset it by holding the button), and key not found very rarely if I have the key against something like my phone occasionally (had it happen yesterday for a minute, but that was first time in months). I’m sure it’s the same tech in my spider that’s used in the 720. Other than the really rare occasions above, everything else works fine.

Thanks!

Z.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2019 720s doesn’t have any issues except for the occasional ‘key not found’. This is always easily solved by moving the key to the small notch next to the cupholder.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 18 had a couple of things reprogrammed and all is fine. It does take a few seconds for the computer to boot up, the binnacle to open, and the seat adjust to be available, so don’t use it for a getaway car with the engine off.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have 2 electronic issues.

1, The ambient lighting sometimes doesn't come on?
2. Every once in a blue my Bluetooth connection stops working?

·
Registered
62 Posts
No problems with my 2019 except for an occasional key not found if the iphone is too close to the key. I still can't get my Homelink programmed though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No problems with my 2019 except for an occasional key not found if the iphone is too close to the key. I still can't get my Homelink programmed though.
I used a Homelink repeater kit (amazon) as the car's transmitter doesn't communicate with some garage openers.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
my 2018 after the last software upgrade, no issues. Car is awesome... biggest electric issues WERE radio cut out, park sensor errors, suspension faults and camera. everything fixed after last software upgrade. Car is great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts