McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mclarensanfrancisco/sets/72157639782767434/

I'm 99% on the car and heading in to meet with Alessandro this week. Looks like it has some nice upgrades and I love the Sapphire Black combination with the ultralights and red CCBs.

Any thoughts? Concerns? I plan on getting the IRIS update to the current version and a clear bra ... otherwise it looks proper and dialed (at least on the Internet.)

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE 2/7/2014:

Just a quick update ... thanks to your help an Alessandro at McLaren San Francisco I have joined the club. I should take delivery of the '13 Sapphire Black next week after they upgrade the IRIS system and put it on the truck.

Any of you here in Oregon/Portland and like to drive when the weather improves?

Anyway, thanks again for your collective guidance. The car is amazing!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Concerned over one thing.

What haven't you bought it!

The car is spec'd perfectly for that combination.

Go stroke a check :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Concerned over one thing.

What haven't you bought it!

The car is spec'd perfectly for that combination.

Go stroke a check :)

Well, I figured before I spent what a house costs locally I would, you know, take a test drive but I do have a deposit in so ... thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
230 Posts
looks great and Alessandro is a real nice guy. bought my spider from him back in july, you wont be disappointed....

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was at the dealership today and it looked really clean. Alessandro has many happy customers, including me. Go for it!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
In my opinion, that is a very beautiful and well spec'd example. Sapphire Black is relatively rare - mainly because I think people did not know what it would look like, in the flesh. I was in this boat, too, and opted for Carbon Black because it was a little bit safer - on paper. When the photos of the Sapphire Black HS came out, I remember being stunned at how beautiful the paint looked. I also really like the non-stealth superlight wheels on this car - personally, although both of my rim sets are stealth - I would be very glad to see the black rim fad fade into history. The look of this car is much more classic and will still look refreshingly clean for many years to come.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
In my opinion, that is a very beautiful and well spec'd example. Sapphire Black is relatively rare - mainly because I think people did not know what it would look like, in the flesh. I was in this boat, too, and opted for Carbon Black because it was a little bit safer - on paper. When the photos of the Sapphire Black HS came out, I remember being stunned at how beautiful the paint looked. I also really like the non-stealth superlight wheels on this car - personally, although both of my rim sets are stealth - I would be very glad to see the black rim fad fade into history. The look of this car is much more classic and will still look refreshingly clean for many years to come.
Why the change of heart on stealth rims 6th ??

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks. I will be honest, the stealth rims don't really appeal to me ... but when I saw those big red CCBs on the silver superlights I was more or less sold. I was a little worried about the color but I live in the PNW so it will be black more often than not and the blue does look sharp.

I will try and post thoughts after I see the car Thursday but really appreciate how friendly and helpful people are here in the forum.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
HS is Alaska blue 6th. Actually may be Tokyo blue. Same concept but, as you see and say,much more vivid blue content.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Why the change of heart on stealth rims 6th ??
Not really sure, andy, but just been gravitating towards the non-stealth look lately. I should qualify that it does seem highly dependent on car colour. Certain combos, especially the P1, still look amazing with stealth rims. But on this very classy blue car, I think non-stealth is the way to go. It's kind of like carbon - now that every honda and subaru has faux carbon everywhere, I'm kinda looking forward to the first high-end manufacturer that dares to do something different. And I don't mean coloured carbon! That's why I LOVE the bare carbon in the P1 so much - it's different.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
HS is Alaska blue 6th. Actually may be Tokyo blue. Same concept but, as you see and say,much more vivid blue content.
Thanks Mikey. I really love these paint colours that they are coming up with. That amethyst black P1 causes puddles of drool on my desk. Wonder if any new shades are coming with the 650S.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Sapphire black with silver rims is clearly an awesome combination..... ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts