McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the title, i'm looking at a few cars this coming week, just wondering if they are all due the upgrades once ownership has changed?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Yes, they all get the upgrade but Volcano Red cars get a better upgrade with more accurate SatNav and better gearbox plus easy closing doors.......no worries as Mclaren will follow thru'.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Superb, might have a car by the end of the week all being well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm near the Marina

·
Owner
41 Posts
In practice the second owner gets the upgrade but try booking it in ! still waiting for mine.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Mine goes in at the end of the month, they want the car for three days apparently.
I picked my car up in September to give you a timescale..

They are also fitting black Exhaust covers for me (at my cost) whilst it's there, it just doesn't look right with the silver to me....I couldn't stretch to the full stealth upgrade though- as a retrofit its a scary cost!!

·
Owner
41 Posts
I picked mine up in September as well was promised January but I am waiting for a pick up date. I agree on the black exhaust covers how much do they ask for them ?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Mine goes in at the end of the month, they want the car for three days apparently.
I picked my car up in September to give you a timescale..

They are also fitting black Exhaust covers for me (at my cost) whilst it's there, it just doesn't look right with the silver to me....I couldn't stretch to the full stealth upgrade though- as a retrofit its a scary cost!!
I'm under the impression that the chrome tips were intended for the American market, they really like their chrome down there in the old US of A. Cheers....??

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I picked mine up in September as well was promised January but I am waiting for a pick up date. I agree on the black exhaust covers how much do they ask for them ?
Depends on your chassis number. I assume it will be mclaren london who are doing the upgrade given your location? They had the most cars to go through in the UK so i guess the london/south east area cars are going to take the longest. Bought my car in sep and had the upgrade done at the end of november with a fairly early build chassis.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The black/stealth exhaust 'Trims' are £182 each plus two hours labour, which I have raised my eyes at on the labour side!- unless anyone knows how hard/easy it it to change yourself??

The full Stealth kit is £3.5K plus the tax- so £4K

It was the only thing that I wanted done to the car and after seeing the Spider in Blue with the Stealth kit I think it's the right option. That and I have black marks on the trims already from having to shunt the car about..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The black/stealth exhaust 'Trims' are £182 each plus two hours labour, which I have raised my eyes at on the labour side!- unless anyone knows how hard/easy it it to change yourself??

The full Stealth kit is £3.5K plus the tax- so £4K

It was the only thing that I wanted done to the car and after seeing the Spider in Blue with the Stealth kit I think it's the right option. That and I have black marks on the trims already from having to shunt the car about..
Ouch, is it worth it?

·
Owner
41 Posts
What is the labour rate per hour ? shock me !! mine is a very early chassis no 64 but probably complicated by fact car purchased from Birmingham but serviced by London.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Labour rate is showing as £120 per hour, which I think is about on par with other dealers I'd of thought

Is it worth it?, not for the full package but I am going to go for the trims..

·
Owner
41 Posts
Sounds good I had my wheels painted a Dark Grey Porsche colour at a body shop I use for £100 per wheel and am very pleased.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts