McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Vendor
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DME Tuning 720s ECU Tuned* world's first 766whp

Yes, we did it first, and we are the only ones able to flash the M840t at the moment despite what others may be advertising :p. As always, I'll be gathering real world data to go with the dyno numbers. Both DME Mac's will hopefully go out for a friendly run against the Dragtimes stock 720s down in South Florida next weekend! For now, some pictures of the two together, and a light pull in 23°F weather which the ESC dynamic mode handles effortlessly. This is a "mild" Stage 1 flash for now, but catless downpipes and an S2 flash upgrade are soon to come.

Update! Numbers are in. 93 octane only:

-Run 1: 760.34whp
-Run 2: 766.75whp
-Run 3: 755.85whp

Check out our DME Tuned Pure Turbo upgraded MP4-12c build & record setting [email protected] stock turbo 570s

Be sure to give us a follow on instagram: @dmetuning. Please feel free to email ([email protected]) or PM with any questions or for pricing.

Thanks to Matt P of @autocouture for the pictures!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Can’t wait to see the results!

Don’t know how accurate my eyes and fingers are but I clocked your 60-130 in that vid at just a tad over 4.7 seconds. This should produce a trap in the 1/4 of low 150 MPH.

·
Vendor
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can’t wait to see the results!

Don’t know how accurate my eyes and fingers are but I clocked your 60-130 in that vid at just a tad over 4.7 seconds. This should produce a trap in the 1/4 of low 150 MPH.
;)

Sexy is that soros wrapped in matte xpel?
It's actually Azores Orange! Both cars are wrapped by NDvinyls of 180nyc. The best in the business!

that link is the wrong dragtimes... :)

https://www.instagram.com/dragtimescom/

guess I'm being called out here? I'm game....
Fixed! My apologies.

Looking forward to meeting you, Brooks :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Smack my ass and call me sally - that is AWESOME!!

How can I get my ghetto 12c in on this 720s battle?! :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Can you post a chart superimposing the OEM tune with yours ?

Update - Saw it was 699 on IG. Very nice gains! Can't wait to see the results with high flow sport cats and downpipes.

Love the sound too, engine and turbos scream like a jet engine at high rpms

·
Registered
135 Posts
DME Tuning my be the "Underground Racing" of McLarens! Looking forward to what they have in store for us McOwners! So far, I am very pleased in what I am seeing from them.
Agreed. And btw, since I know you like data...I pulled the slope on my 60-130 run and it was -.038%... less than a half a % of slope!!

·
Vendor
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you guys.

DME Tuning may be the "Underground Racing" of McLarens! Looking forward to what they have in store for us McOwners! So far, I am very pleased in what I am seeing from them.
You may be on to something :p

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very nice... do you know the difference in turbo sizes between the 570s, 650s & 720s?
Rumors are that the ones on the 570s are bigger than the 650s but smaller than the 720s... what about the tranny’s? there all the same, right? Reffering on clutches and “holding” power to the ground

Dynojet numbers

Run 1: 760.34whp
Run 2: 766.75whp
Run 3: 755.85whp

·
Vendor
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very nice... do you know the difference in turbo sizes between the 570s, 650s & 720s?
Rumors are that the ones on the 570s are bigger than the 650s but smaller than the 720s... what about the tranny’s? there all the same, right? Reffering on clutches and “holding” power to the ground
One thing is for certain, the 720s turbos are able to hold power up top a lot better!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes, I did my homework... 570 has vacuum operated single scroll, 720 has electric operation twin scroll, and under more pressure also.

One thing is for certain, the 720s turbos are able to hold power up top a lot better!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts