McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
If you DIY your annual service and don't want to pay $200 to McLaren just to reset your annoying service indicator interval (e.g. "Service due in 7 days"), go into your Dash > Display setup > Date > and then roll the year value back. I suggest rolling it back one year, so next year you're notified to perform your annual maintenance.

This tip had been shared before, but was hidden in a thread. After discovering the tip and seeing the success first hand, I wanted to create a separate posting that will more quickly surface the answer to other inquiring minds.

Cheers 馃嵒

Registered
I knew the cost of ownership going in and have no issues with the price of admission. I value the remaining warranty and the service checks to make sure my car is performing well. Purchasing a car that has had home maintenance is something that I would avoid. If I was worried about maintenance cost or depreciation I would drive a Kia. YMMV.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I knew the cost of ownership going in and have no issues with the price of admission. I value the remaining warranty and the service checks to make sure my car is performing well. Purchasing a car that has had home maintenance is something that I would avoid. If I was worried about maintenance cost or depreciation I would drive a Kia. YMMV.
This topic is targeting those who are comfortable with DIY work on their McLaren, or prefer using an independent shop. Based on your response, you do not seem to fall within that category. That's fine, this topic is just not for you.

Note that when an independent shop performs regular service, such as the list of items performed during McLaren's annual services, it cannot void a manufacturer's warranty per the FTC.

Reactions: smokeygt

Registered
That鈥檚 pretty cool... I just did my first oil change on my car. No it鈥檚 not the cost but I feel I can put better oil in my car and why not? I鈥檓 not worried about warranty as that is out the door since I put downpipes and a tune... I like doing the oil change as it is de stressing... I save all the oil kit receipts from the dealer and i document everything to keep records

1 - 4 of 4 Posts